CM
Posted By
Charles Marinaro
Dec 10, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Folks…After installing new CS, it takes forever to load now. Have WXP Home and 1GB of memory. Shouldn’t take 5 minutes or more to load up. Any ideas. With Ver. 7.01, only took less than a minute.
Have a 1.8GhZ system & 15 GB left on hard drive.
Thanks.
Charlie

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

SI
stupid_idiot
Dec 10, 2003
i guess it has something to do with where you put your plugins…

"Charles Marinaro" wrote in message
Folks…After installing new CS, it takes forever to load now. Have WXP Home and 1GB of memory. Shouldn’t take 5 minutes or more to load up. Any ideas. With Ver. 7.01, only took less than a minute.
Thanks.
Charlie

S
Sweet-P
Dec 10, 2003
I have the same exact problem, except mine takes 7 minutes or more to load, and I too have 1 GB of memory. I haven’t changed any plugins. PS7 used to take one minute versus 7 minutes CS. I usually use PS7 unless I need a feature from PS CS.

Sweet-P
Thanks.
Charlie

EG
Eric Gill
Dec 10, 2003
"Sweet-P" wrote in
news:tdyBb.2213$l%:

I have the same exact problem, except mine takes 7 minutes or more to load, and I too have 1 GB of memory. I haven’t changed any plugins.

The plugins issue has nothing to do with them changing. Do either of you have any Auto F/X plugins?
C
Clive
Dec 10, 2003
Going back into the dim and distant past I used to have a similar problem with PS v 6 then Adobe brought out the patch to raise it to 6.0.1 then it worked sensibly. Perhaps you just have to wait for Adobe!

Clive

Thanks.
Charlie

M
Manticore
Dec 10, 2003
I have my secondary PS plugins via a second partition and CS without being told to read from the folder where they are loads fast, but as soon as it’s told it to read the secondary plugins from this folder it slowed the boot process to about 50 seconds. Yep it’s the Autofx apps and especially Photographic Edges that can take forever to load. As with a previous thread in this forum CS reads the individual files in your plugin folders.The brains trust at either Adobe and Autofx must be aware of this With Autofx’s Photo Edges 6 this must take forever , from what i have read of the program it has 1000’s of files.

"Eric Gill" wrote in message
"Sweet-P" wrote in

I have the same exact problem, except mine takes 7 minutes or more to load, and I too have 1 GB of memory. I haven’t changed any plugins.

The plugins issue has nothing to do with them changing. Do either of you have any Auto F/X plugins?
LT
Liam Toh
Dec 10, 2003
I have about the same stuff you have (but only 512 instead of 1 gig) and loading time of PSCS for me is about 15 seconds. Maybe you have to clean up your register (EasyCleaner is a nice program for that:
http://www.toniarts.com/ecleane.htm) and defragmentate your HD.

Good luck

=]====>Greetingzzz Blade<====[=
Jesus is coming!! Look busy
LT
Liam Toh
Dec 10, 2003
I meant ‘Registry’ of course
S
subdude
Dec 10, 2003
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 03:44:26 GMT, "Charles Marinaro" graced us with:

Thanks.
Charlie
Charlie-

After being told multiple times by people that this problem is ‘unique’ to me and not widespread I’ve seen no less than 40 + people on various platforms experiencing the same problem. I have tried uninstalling 65% of my plugins (Auto F/X stuff included) and yet my PS7 with *ALL* my plugins still loads faster. Plenty of RAM and disk space, drives are defragged and reg is clean. Also have all the latest patches and fixes (I’m running this on Win2k, BTW)

One thing that did seem to help a bit was removing the TWAIN plugin, but only in the last stages of the initialization. As someone else commented, we’re likely to have to wait for Adobe to come clean and come up with a 8.0.1 patch. But I would suggest you post a comment on their web forums because until enough people complain I don’t think they’re going to do anything about it.

Once it loads though, everything seems to be peachy. For now I just schedule bathroom breaks around it <BFG>…..

subdude
S
Sweet-P
Dec 10, 2003
I tried moving my AutoFX Photographic Edges into another folder, but it still loads them by default into the Photoshop Plugins folder. So that doesn’t work 🙁

Sweet-P

"Manticore" wrote in message
I have my secondary PS plugins via a second partition and CS without
being
told to read from the folder where they are loads fast, but as soon as
it’s
told it to read the secondary plugins from this folder it slowed the boot process to about 50 seconds. Yep it’s the Autofx apps and especially Photographic Edges that can take forever to load. As with a previous
thread
in this forum CS reads the individual files in your plugin folders.The brains trust at either Adobe and Autofx must be aware of this With Autofx’s Photo Edges 6 this must take forever , from what i have read of the program it has 1000’s of files.

"Sweet-P" wrote in

S
subdude
Dec 11, 2003
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:40:56 GMT, "Sweet-P"
graced us with:

Sweet-P,

Move the whole thing to a separate directory *AND* remove the related plugin. You can no longer run it from within PS, but since it has a standalone application you can use it that way. Seeing as how it is a framing and edging plugin, you’re probably using it after all your other pre-production work is done anyway like I am.

Until Adobe comes out w/ a patch, every little bit helps.

subdude

I tried moving my AutoFX Photographic Edges into another folder, but it still loads them by default into the Photoshop Plugins folder. So that doesn’t work 🙁

Sweet-P

being
it’s
told it to read the secondary plugins from this folder it slowed the boot process to about 50 seconds. Yep it’s the Autofx apps and especially Photographic Edges that can take forever to load. As with a previous
thread
in this forum CS reads the individual files in your plugin folders.The brains trust at either Adobe and Autofx must be aware of this With Autofx’s Photo Edges 6 this must take forever , from what i have read of the program it has 1000’s of files.

"Sweet-P" wrote in

S
Sweet-P
Dec 11, 2003
Thanks, I suppose that is the only workaround for the present time. It is a little more inconvenient to use it separate from PS, but no big problem. Hopefully Adobe will come out with a patch soon. I appreciate your advice. 🙂

Sweet-P

"subdude" wrote in message
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 19:40:56 GMT, "Sweet-P"
graced us with:

Sweet-P,

Move the whole thing to a separate directory *AND* remove the related plugin. You can no longer run it from within PS, but since it has a standalone application you can use it that way. Seeing as how it is a framing and edging plugin, you’re probably using it after all your other pre-production work is done anyway like I am.

Until Adobe comes out w/ a patch, every little bit helps.
subdude

Sweet-P

being
it’s
told it to read the secondary plugins from this folder it slowed the
boot
process to about 50 seconds. Yep it’s the Autofx apps and especially Photographic Edges that can take forever to load. As with a previous
thread
in this forum CS reads the individual files in your plugin folders.The brains trust at either Adobe and Autofx must be aware of this With Autofx’s Photo Edges 6 this must take forever , from what i have read
of
the program it has 1000’s of files.

"Sweet-P" wrote in

I have the same exact problem, except mine takes 7 minutes or more
to
load, and I too have 1 GB of memory. I haven’t changed any plugins.

The plugins issue has nothing to do with them changing. Do either of
you
have any Auto F/X plugins?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections