raytlake
Sep 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just bought a new computer and loaded Photoshop 6.0 and then upgraded to
6.01. The computer runs Win XP Pro. Each time I attempt to open a file I
get message, " Could not complete the open command because of a program error.". I’ve followed the directions here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/31a8a.htm but still cannot get it to open a file.

I installed the Adobe Postscript printer driver and I have the HP895cse driver installed. The HP895cse driver does not work properly in XP but worked fine under my old Win2K Pro machine. Can this be the issue?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

M
MetaMorph
Sep 6, 2004
What sort of files??
T
tnsmith44nospam
Sep 7, 2004
Have you installed Microsoft’s Service Pack 2? My version of 7 did the same thing after installing SP2…it screwed my computer all up! I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall pretty much everything on the computer. You might have to contact Microsoft’s tech support to get it straightened out as well as Adobe if this is the case.

Skywolf.

wrote in message
I just bought a new computer and loaded Photoshop 6.0 and then upgraded to
6.01. The computer runs Win XP Pro. Each time I attempt to open a file I
get message, " Could not complete the open command because of a program error.". I’ve followed the directions here:
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/31a8a.htm but still cannot get it
to
open a file.

I installed the Adobe Postscript printer driver and I have the HP895cse driver installed. The HP895cse driver does not work properly in XP but worked fine under my old Win2K Pro machine. Can this be the issue?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections