RW
Posted By
Robert_Welty
Nov 2, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When starting PS CS I get message "This application failed to start because PDFL.50dll was not found. Reinstalling may help". I tried installing over [without uninstalling CS. Didn’t help. Where can I find this missing file. App. will open but message is irritating. I appreciate anyone’s help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RL
Robert_Levine
Nov 2, 2003
Sounds like a plug in error. Did you move any plugins into the plugins folder without installing?

Bob
CS
Carol_Steele
Nov 2, 2003
Judging by the name I would suggest that it has something to do with a PDF interpreter – possibly for reading Acrobat 5 files.

Actually the name is PDFL50.dll (not PDFL.50dll)

Have you by any chance imported the plugins from your previous version, or pointed your plugins folder to a previous version. This might explain the conflict as the PDFL50.dll file was probably uninstalled if you uninstalled PS7 after installing PSCS

Carol
(Posted from the UK)
RW
Robert_Welty
Nov 3, 2003
Thanks Carol. You put me on to the solution. I indeed imported plugins from old versioon and found offending problem. Bob

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections