PV
Posted By
phil_vouers
Nov 19, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I hear so much about this but is activation the same as registration??? Everyone makes activation sound like some extra step beyound the registration process but I had ps7.01 and never had an activation step, then upgraded to ps cs and never had one there also???

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
Don_McCahill
Nov 19, 2003
If you were online when you installed, or you registered online, the activation would have taken place transparently.
RL
Robert_Levine
Nov 19, 2003
You still have to say yes to it. But I guess if you’re not really paying attention and just okay your way through the install you wouldn’t notice.

Bob
PV
phil_vouers
Nov 19, 2003
guess that might be the case.. activate under the help menue is greyed out so it must have been done.. in a way makes you fell like you’ve been raped while asleep
P
pope
Nov 19, 2003
Thanks, Don. Your explanation is exactly what I have been looking for. I installed CS and since I’m on a cable modem which is always on the activation process did it’s thing without my knowing it. From then on "activate" was greyed out under the HELP menu in CS. I wasn’t aware that I was already activated.

I contacted Adobe Customer Service and they couldn’t provide an immediate answer for the greyed out "activate." A supervisor is supposed to help me within 48 hours. I think you already have 🙂
RL
Robert_Levine
Nov 19, 2003
You still needed to say yes at the activation screen. You must have just done it without reading it.

Bob
P
pope
Nov 19, 2003
Robert…I’m sure you’re right. Good thing I never tried to be a brain surgeon 🙂
IL
Ian_Lyons
Nov 19, 2003
Pope,

Activation is VERY deliberate but easy process – to have activated and not realized it is hard but not impossible. The following shows a number of the associated screenshots:

< http://www.computer-darkroom.com/photoshop_cs/activation.htm>

Are you absolutely sure you didn’t see at least one of them?
P
pope
Nov 19, 2003
Ian…now I’m really embarrassed…I probably should have been watching the monitor screen instead of the neighbor lady in her pool 🙂

At any rate, I wish I had visited your website first and maybe I would have paid more attention to what was going on with my computer.

It’s tough being an old geezer with a wandering eye 🙂
IL
Ian_Lyons
Nov 19, 2003
It’s tough being an old geezer with a wandering eye

Likwise for the 40 somethings amongst us 😉

Enjoy your time with CS and don’t go pointing a camera in a direction that could result in a prolonged forced absence from the forum 😉
DM
dave_milbut
Nov 19, 2003
Likwise for the 40 somethings amongst us

Yea, and the thirty-somethings too! 🙂

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections