SH
Posted By
Stephen_Hazen
Dec 1, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have over 470 (650+ MB) styles that when I click on my docked styles tab in PS 7 I only get a few hundred displayed. How can I get them all to be displayed?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 1, 2003
what os stephen? there’s a menu limit in win9x/me. if you want to see them all you’ll need to upgrade to win2k, xp or nt.
SH
Stephen_Hazen
Dec 1, 2003
I am running win 2k.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 1, 2003
hmm. i’ve never heard of a limit in win2k. sure it won’t scroll them all? chris? is it possible he’s hit a limit?
SH
Stephen_Hazen
Dec 2, 2003
Ok maybe I should give you a little more of a clarification. I an talking about the style files. Yes if I have a bunch of styles, little preview squares, I can scroll through them. But, when I click the Styles tab (docked at the top) and then click the small triangle to load one of my 473 styles I can only see the first few hundred or so. (this is the menu that pops up giving you the settings, ie text, small thumb, large thumb, load style….) I hope that clarifies what I am talking about.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 2, 2003
It does. When that type of menu gets full, there’s usually a little black arrow at the bottom to allow you to scroll. Again, I hope one of the adobe techs can comment on the possibility that a limit might exist in 2k.

Practically, if you just CAN’T get at all of your styles, you might need to consider paring the list in to 2 or 3 (or more) lists and moving them in and out. That’s a lot of styles and is surely adding a TON of overhead to your system. I bet you’d be amazed at the speed of your system if you cut it down drastically.
SH
Stephen_Hazen
Dec 2, 2003
There is no arrow, and yes I should weed the bad ones out, I have noticed a little bit of a slow down, but then again I like having all the options and the half second wait is no big deal. I would like to see all of them though!
CC
Chris_Cox
Dec 3, 2003
If all the files are in the presets folder, then they should all be listed in the menu.

And no, I haven’t seen any upper limit on Win2K.
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 3, 2003
And no, I haven’t seen any upper limit on Win2K.

thanks for the input chris.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections