Posted By
android
Apr 9, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I searched but didn’t find the answer…

I have a layer style applied to, say, 130 layers.

I decide I want to tweak it – but there seems to be no way to edit the "master" style and have it applied to all layers with the style applied…

Am I missing something besides a little sleep? I sure hope so…

thx
Andrew

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

G
graffiti
Apr 9, 2004
Not sure about editing the "master" style but you could always apply the style, make your edits, then save it as a new style.

All that with hardly any sleep needed.
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Apr 9, 2004
Edit Style, Copy Style, Link layers, Paste Style to Linked.
G
graffiti
Apr 9, 2004
Yeah. that too. 🙂
A
android
Apr 9, 2004
Hi graffiti and Ed…

Thanks for the help. I wanted to avoid applying it manually to every layer needed, so I think Ed’s method will do for now.

Cheers,
Andrew
DK
Doug_Katz
Apr 10, 2004
For now? I think that’ll be a pretty efficient, time saving trick for a long, long time.
CC
Chris_Cox
Apr 12, 2004
Photoshop doesn’t have "master" styles.
A
android
Apr 13, 2004
Hi Doug –

Yes, for now, meaning, until Photoshop has master styles…. (thanks Chris)

It would be FAR more efficient to simply edit a style and have it update everywhere it’s used…

I understand the reasoning behind doing it that way and it works well.

Fact is, though, I’m more than happy with every iteration of Photoshop I’ve used. I was even about to email a suggestion to be able to color layer pallette layers to more easily discern them.. and.. .voila!

The more I learn about this program the more I like it, but that certainly doesn’t mean there isn’t room for improvement.

Like "guide sets", for example… 😉

Cheers
Andrew
DK
Doug_Katz
Apr 13, 2004
Understood. Similar sentiments here.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections