P
Posted By
photoshoplearner
Dec 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
any one familiar restoring black’n white to color photo? or have any tutorial or book you guy can share? thank you!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
photoshoplearner
Dec 13, 2003
any one familiar restoring black’n white to color photo? or have any tutorial or book you guy can share? thank you!
P
photoshoplearner
Dec 13, 2003
L
LenHewitt
Dec 13, 2003
Basically it’s a case of mode change to RGB and then painting in colour mode to add colour to the image
RL
Robert_Levine
Dec 13, 2003
You might want to check out this site:

www.retouchpro.com

Bob
GH
Gary_Hummell
Dec 13, 2003
A great reference is Photoshop Restoration and Retouching by Katrin Eismann. A good colorizing job requires a lot of trial and error and patience. You are basically painting the picture but with the advantage that you can erase in Photoshop. I do a lot of erasing.

Gary
QP
Q_Photo
Dec 13, 2003
phsplearner,
I don’t mean to be critical but I don’t understand your question. Restore means to return to original state. So, is the “original” a B&W or color? Are you turning a color photo into B&W? Are you adding color to a B&W? Are you restoring a B&W that has yellowed? Lots of people here to help us, however, questions need to be clear. As usual, Dave M. & and Robert L. have sent you in the right direction(s).

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections