BV
Posted By
Barry_Vincent
Dec 16, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a friend that had some photos taken by a neighbor. He uses a high end film camera. When I scan the photos they show up correctly on screen but print with a pink casts.
I also had the same thing happen on a photo that was made for me at a studio. The photo sub-stained water damage and I was attempting to repair it. It also prints with a color cast but appears correct on screen. What caused this and is there any solution.
Thanks,
Barry

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GA
George_Austin
Dec 16, 2003
Assuming your system is properly color-calibrated, a pink cast would indicate a printer cyan deficiency, possibly a clogged or partially clogged cyan nozzle.
BV
Barry_Vincent
Dec 16, 2003
I don’t have any problem with the photos that I take with my digital camera or anything else that I scan. It’s just Studio prints and the one that I mentioned that was taken with a high end film camera. I thought that maybe there was some sort of info in the image or the paper that causes the print to have a color cast.
Thanks
GH
Gary_Hummell
Dec 16, 2003
Scan something neutral like a grayscale chart. Check it in Photoshop for R=G=B. If the scan appears neutral on the monitor but shows unequal RGB numbers, you need to redo Adobe Gamma. If PS shows the scan to be neutral and it looks good on the monitor, then it is probably a profile/color space issue. See:
<http://www.computer-darkroom.com/ps7-colour/ps7_1.htm>

Gary
BV
Barry_Vincent
Dec 18, 2003
You’re right, had to go with a profile for my Epson Photo 870 Camera.
BV
Barry_Vincent
Dec 18, 2003
I meant Printer. Thanks for the help.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections