My screen colors don’t match my printed colors, help!

DG
Posted By
Doug Greenberg
Nov 5, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
I am a beginner when it comes to using Photoshop. In fact, I only use Photoshop Elements and I’m pretty new even at using this more modest program. My current problem is that when I print digital photos, particularly those involving skin tones, what I get from my HP 930c printer is never quite the same as what I see on my monitor. The finished printed photos seem most often to be lacking in reds and in saturation overall. So I go to the "enhance" menu and I add more red and increase saturation. What I end up with on the screen looks ghastly, but by overcompensating in this manner I can (usually, and with some trial and error) get a satisfactory printed version.

It would be preferable (much) if I could somehow adjust what I have on the screen to match what I am getting from the printer. I know that there is a way to do this, but I can’t seem to figure it out.

I see stuff in the "help" section that deals with "color profiles," but I confess that I find it baffling.

What feature(s) of Photoshop Elements should I be using, and how?

Thanks for any and all suggestions and advice.

Doug Greenberg, Berkeley, California USA

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

G
Greg
Nov 5, 2003
Try going to Edit -> Color Settings -> and then make sure that Color Management is turned off. Worked for me.

Greg
1992 Ford Mustang LX 5.0
http://hager.no-ip.com/
AllFordMustangs.com Moderator

"Doug Greenberg" wrote in message
Hello,
I am a beginner when it comes to using Photoshop. In fact, I only use Photoshop Elements and I’m pretty new even at using this more modest program. My current problem is that when I print digital photos, particularly those involving skin tones, what I get from my HP 930c
printer
is never quite the same as what I see on my monitor. The finished printed photos seem most often to be lacking in reds and in saturation overall.
So
I go to the "enhance" menu and I add more red and increase saturation.
What
I end up with on the screen looks ghastly, but by overcompensating in this manner I can (usually, and with some trial and error) get a satisfactory printed version.

It would be preferable (much) if I could somehow adjust what I have on the screen to match what I am getting from the printer. I know that there is
a
way to do this, but I can’t seem to figure it out.

I see stuff in the "help" section that deals with "color profiles," but I confess that I find it baffling.

Doug Greenberg, Berkeley, California USA

B
B
Nov 5, 2003
Doug Greenberg wrote:
Hello,
I am a beginner when it comes to using Photoshop. In fact, I only use Photoshop Elements and I’m pretty new even at using this more modest program. My current problem is that when I print digital photos, particularly those involving skin tones, what I get from my HP 930c printer is never quite the same as what I see on my monitor. The finished printed photos seem most often to be lacking in reds and in saturation overall. So I go to the "enhance" menu and I add more red and increase saturation. What I end up with on the screen looks ghastly, but by overcompensating in this manner I can (usually, and with some trial and error) get a satisfactory printed version.
It would be preferable (much) if I could somehow adjust what I have on the screen to match what I am getting from the printer. I know that there is a way to do this, but I can’t seem to figure it out.

–as a matter of interest, do you use a tft screen?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections