W
Posted By
WeeWilly
Jan 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
First… I DON’T READ INSTRUCTION MANUALS very well.. but I can follow step by step instructions. Sorry, that’s just the way my mind works/doesn’t work. I’m really a visual learner and I’m sure this sounds sorry to you gurus.. But, I’d like to learn the very basics of these programs.. and build on that.

That said…

Can anyone recommend a good book that does step by step for either PS6 or PS Elements 2? I have both

I also have PS for Dummies.. PS6 for Win and Mac.. etc.. but these are too much for me to comprehend until I get the gist of the program(s). Maybe something like the Video Professor?

Thank you for any help.. Bill

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

S
Sanders
Jan 30, 2004
If step-by-step instruction (with illustrations)
is what you want, check out any book in the series
of "Photoshop Down & Dirty Tricks" written by Scott Kelby. Good luck.
On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:08:54 -0800, "WeeWilly" wrote:

First… I DON’T READ INSTRUCTION MANUALS very well.. but I can follow step by step instructions. Sorry, that’s just the way my mind works/doesn’t work. I’m really a visual learner and I’m sure this sounds sorry to you gurus.. But, I’d like to learn the very basics of these programs.. and build on that.

That said…

Can anyone recommend a good book that does step by step for either PS6 or PS Elements 2? I have both

I also have PS for Dummies.. PS6 for Win and Mac.. etc.. but these are too much for me to comprehend until I get the gist of the program(s). Maybe something like the Video Professor?

–sanders
e-mail?Please erase theboard
PB
Peter Booth
Jan 30, 2004
Why don’t you go to about.com and go through Sue Chastain’s free online course on Photoshop basics ? Very easy to follow and she sends one lesson per week.
"WeeWilly" wrote in message
First… I DON’T READ INSTRUCTION MANUALS very well.. but I can follow
step
by step instructions. Sorry, that’s just the way my mind works/doesn’t work. I’m really a visual learner and I’m sure this sounds sorry to you gurus.. But, I’d like to learn the very basics of these programs.. and
build
on that.

That said…

WS
Warren Sarle
Jan 30, 2004
step
by step instructions. Sorry, that’s just the way my mind works/doesn’t work. I’m really a visual learner and I’m sure this sounds sorry to you gurus.. But, I’d like to learn the very basics of these programs.. and
build
on that. …

I also have PS for Dummies..

PS for Dummies is badly written and illustrated. Take a look at the Visual Quick Start series. The illustrations show you exactly what to do (and where it is on the screen), with before and after images. The books by Scott Kelby are also very good for visually oriented people, but they’re a bit more advanced. And there are lots of good tutorials at http://www.myjanee.com
JK
JP Kabala
Jan 31, 2004
Can you do video? How about Total Training?
step
build
on that.

That said…

J
jrzyguy
Jan 31, 2004
i’d recommend starting off with "classroom in a book" series by adobe. Pretty dry stuff…but it will give you the fundamentals….then i would buy PS WOW book….a very well written book that actualy READS well. and then for some fun stuff try out PS Magic (some great step by step stuff that you can actualy apply to real life projects)

jj

"JP Kabala" wrote in message
step
build
on that.

That said…

Can anyone recommend a good book that does step by step for either PS6
or
PS Elements 2? I have both

I also have PS for Dummies.. PS6 for Win and Mac.. etc.. but these are
too
much for me to comprehend until I get the gist of the program(s). Maybe something like the Video Professor?

W
WeeWilly
Feb 1, 2004
Thanks to all for the suggestions… Bill

"jrzyguy" wrote in message
i’d recommend starting off with "classroom in a book" series by adobe. Pretty dry stuff…but it will give you the fundamentals….then i would
buy
PS WOW book….a very well written book that actualy READS well. and then for some fun stuff try out PS Magic (some great step by step stuff that
you
can actualy apply to real life projects)

jj

"JP Kabala" wrote in message
First… I DON’T READ INSTRUCTION MANUALS very well.. but I can
follow
step
by step instructions. Sorry, that’s just the way my mind
works/doesn’t
work. I’m really a visual learner and I’m sure this sounds sorry to
you
gurus.. But, I’d like to learn the very basics of these programs.. and
build
on that.

That said…

Can anyone recommend a good book that does step by step for either PS6
or
PS Elements 2? I have both

I also have PS for Dummies.. PS6 for Win and Mac.. etc.. but these are
too
much for me to comprehend until I get the gist of the program(s).
Maybe
something like the Video Professor?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections