D
Posted By
Dale
Feb 16, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using Photoshop 7 on a Pent.3 450 mhz.(overclocked to 558) with 512 Ram.
My computer will lock up, freeze, etc. when I am performing functions like adjusting, Images/adjustments/hue/saturation, or level adjustments with several layers open.
If I added more ram would this help, or is it mainly because of my cpu speed.
I have lots of virtual (paging ) memory assigned on another hard drive and have experimented with this and nothing seems to help. Besides getting a faster cpu is there another way to work around this freeze problem?
Thanks in advance !!

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

EG
Eric Gill
Feb 16, 2004
Dale wrote in news:oBbYb.532347$X%:

Not using an ASUS MB by any chance, are you?
R
Rowley
Feb 17, 2004
I’ve had similar problems with PS7 on pretty much the same hardware running NT4 – never did figure out what the problem was. Tried the same thing with playing with the virtual memory.

Martin

Dale wrote:

My computer will lock up, freeze, etc. when I am performing functions like adjusting, Images/adjustments/hue/saturation, or level adjustments with several layers open.
If I added more ram would this help, or is it mainly because of my cpu speed.
I have lots of virtual (paging ) memory assigned on another hard drive and have experimented with this and nothing seems to help. Besides getting a faster cpu is there another way to work around this freeze problem?
Thanks in advance !!
D
Dale
Feb 17, 2004
Yes as a matter of fact I am using a Asus P3B motherboard. Is there an issue with photoshop and Asus??

Eric Gill wrote:

DT
Deco_time
Feb 17, 2004
Dale wrote:
Yes as a matter of fact I am using a Asus P3B motherboard. Is there an issue with photoshop and Asus??
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/2256a.htm

www.odysea.ca
EG
Eric Gill
Feb 17, 2004
Dale wrote in news:ONiYb.538345$:

Eric Gill wrote:

There is an issue with certain older Asus PIII boards and a number of programs that lean heavily on memory access. (Thanks, Deco_Time, I’d lost that link). Fault on the board.

Looks like a great time to upgrade.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections