To Dave Milbert, do you know anything about Version cue and how to use it to backup pictures

N
Posted By
nvslater
Jan 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
To Dave Milbert, do you know anything about Version cue and how to use it to backup pictures?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RH
r_harvey
Jan 23, 2004
That’s Sherbert.
D
d._wade_thompson
Jan 23, 2004
I thought it was Dilbert
G
graffiti
Jan 23, 2004
And it’s a lower case "D". dave.
RH
r_harvey
Jan 23, 2004
As in kd lang.
SS
Stephanie_Schaefer
Jan 23, 2004
nvslater,

Why not back your pictures up to CD, or some other media? Version Cue itself isn’t designed to be an archival tool, it’s a workflow/versioning tool.

You can get more support on Version Cue in the Creative Suite user forum.

–steph
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 24, 2004
nope sorry nvs. never used it. i use pvcs version manager by merant for backing up versions of my source code, and never back up images anyway (except to cd-r as steph mentions). sorry.

dave milbert :Þ
L
LenHewitt
Jan 24, 2004
NVS,

There is a separate forum for Version Cue:

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx?14@@.2ccdf140
N
nvslater
Jan 24, 2004
I have thought of backing up to cd. Actually i have done that for 2 years. What do you suggest I do until i have enough pictures for a cd? I guess I could put one on a cd,would not be able to add to many , if i close the cd after each picture. I have tryed most burning programs. Too time comsuming. I have done 1500 pictures in the last two years. I do backup to another network computer, again too much time. Version Cue does offer backuping files and if someone knew how to use it probably with autocommand , i beieve i could have a auto backup to another computer whenever i save a picture. All I need now is that person that understsands Versio Cue and Autocommand. Any Ideas?
DM
dave_milbut
Jan 25, 2004
What do you suggest I do until i have enough pictures for a cd?

I leave em on my hard drive until I have about 600 meg. If you’re uncomfortable with that, I suggest a 2nd drive. Dup the files as you save them, or weekly, whatever.

I have tryed most burning programs. Too time comsuming.

I recently got a 52x cd-rw. Burns a disk in about 5 minutes. Another option is cd-rw, but i’m leary over the potential for data loss there. i’d stick w/cd-r.

All I need now is that person that understsands Versio Cue and Autocommand. Any Ideas?

I understand there’s a pdf help file on the install disk. Maybe that could help. As it’s a brand new program, I’m guessing everyone using it is going through the same growing pains you are. Try the forum in len’s link.

good luck, dave

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections