BH
Posted By
Bill Hilton
Jul 12, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m a Photoshop user but have loaded E 3 to help a newbie friend come up to speed with image editing basics.

Is there a way to convert a file to a profile (ie, convert to a printer profile before shipping off to a lab with a LightJet)? In Photoshop this is easy but in Elements all I see is a choice between sRGB and AdobeRGB working spaces, with no option for converting to a device-specific space.

I read thru the Help files but didn’t see anything like this … anyone know if it’s in E 3?

Bill

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
RSD99
Jul 12, 2005
PSE 2 does *not* have the capabilities you need (use of profiles … either printer, scanner, or whatever), so I’m assuming that PSE 3 also doesn’t.

As an alternative, I would suggest using Picture Window Pro … which in addition to being a fully 16-bit program, *does* have these capabilities, and costs something like (only) $75.

http://www.dl-c.com/Temp/

"Bill Hilton" wrote in message
I’m a Photoshop user but have loaded E 3 to help a newbie friend come up to speed with image editing basics.

Is there a way to convert a file to a profile (ie, convert to a printer profile before shipping off to a lab with a LightJet)? In Photoshop this is easy but in Elements all I see is a choice between sRGB and AdobeRGB working spaces, with no option for converting to a device-specific space.

I read thru the Help files but didn’t see anything like this … anyone know if it’s in E 3?

Bill
BH
Bill Hilton
Jul 12, 2005
RSD99 writes …

PSE 2 does *not* have the capabilities you need (use of profiles … either printer, scanner, or whatever), so I’m assuming that PSE 3 also doesn’t.

E 3 does let you use ICM profiles when you print, at least for the Epson 2200 class printers. No soft proofing (that I can see) and apparently you can’t convert to a device specific profile but it will print to a profile.

As an alternative, I would suggest using Picture Window Pro

My friend has E 3, the price was right (bundled free with a film scanner) and he’s a beginner so I’m sure he won’t be switching just for this feature 🙂

Bill
OC
Oliver Costich
Jul 12, 2005
On 12 Jul 2005 07:31:32 -0700, "Bill Hilton"
wrote:

PSE3 does not have this capability. You can download a stand alone converter from http://www.drycreekphoto.com/tools/profile_converter/

Bill
BH
Bill Hilton
Jul 12, 2005
Oliver Costlich writes …

PSE3 does not have this capability. You can download a stand alone converter from http://www.drycreekphoto.com/tools/profile_converter/

Looks like a good solution. Thanks for the link!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections