AP
Posted By
Alpha_Papa
Feb 11, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’d like to enter text yet reverse its direction from right to left without it being a mirror image. I’m looking for ways to achieve this effect and can only come up with the ideas below:

1. Is it possible to enter text to a path and reverse the path direction?

2. Is it possible to reverse a text box?

3. Is it possible to reverse a regular text entry line?

Please fire away with any other alternatives I haven’t mentioned. If Illustrator offers options I’ll definitely give them a try too.

Thanks,
Adam.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RK
Rob_Keijzer
Feb 11, 2004
?siht ekil naem uoy oD
boR
AP
Alpha_Papa
Feb 11, 2004
!eyA

There’s likely someone dyslexic here who yelled out "hey finally there’s a post that makes sense!"

Seriously, though. Yep that’s the effect.
Adam.
J
JasonSmith
Feb 11, 2004
reverse type it?
RK
Rob_Keijzer
Feb 11, 2004
Well, in that case I would write down the text and type it in reversed. As long it’s not E.A. Poe’s "The Pendulum and the Pit" that is…

BTW I’m off to sleep after 12 hours work, so I might not react until another twelve hours or so. (no offence intended)

Rob
ND
Nick_Decker
Feb 11, 2004
Edit>Transform>Flip Horizontal?
J
JasonSmith
Feb 11, 2004
It would be mirrored then.
R
rtr
Feb 11, 2004
Or "War and Peace"

rtr

wrote:
Well, in that case I would write down the text and type it in reversed.
As long it’s not E.A. Poe’s "The Pendulum and the Pit" that is…
BTW I’m off to sleep after 12 hours work, so I might not react until another twelve hours or so. (no offence intended)

Rob
AP
Alpha_Papa
Feb 11, 2004
Yep that was my worry.

I’m sure in PSPro you can simply reverse the direction of a path.

I do have quite a bit of text to format this way so typing reverse will hopefully be a last option.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 11, 2004
Yo Adam… look what da joisey guy did for yoos –

<html>
<head>
<script language=javascript>

//var s= new String (".gfedcbA"); // dm:commented, either this way… uncomment for long strings edited into the source

var s= new String (prompt("Enter a string to reverse:")); //dm: or this way… uncomment for interactive prompt on reload

for (i=s.length-1; i>=0; i–) {
&tab;document.write (s.substr(i,1));
}
</script>
</head>

<body>
</body>
</html>

copy and paste that into a plain text file. give it a name that ends in ".html", like revstring.html. run it, enter your text in the prompt and copy and paste the reversed text into PS.

ALTERNATE, uncomment the first "var" line (javascript comments start with "//", to comment add those, to uncomment remove them)… anyway the alternate is to type a whole bunch of text in one shot in that string where you see ".gfedcbA"). Recomment the 2nd "var" stmt. if you wish to use it this way.

The first way and you can enter a new string each time you reload the page. The second way and you need to edit the file (ie reverse.html) and replace the text string THEN reload it in the browser.

I think that’s it. Hope there’s no bugs in translating it into forum speak… 🙂

dave
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 11, 2004
ok that’s good. just tried to cut and paste to a new file, save it to test.html, load it and it all works.

good luck. dave.
AP
Alpha_Papa
Feb 11, 2004
Yo Dave! Ok I’ll give that a whirl and let ya know.

I’m revising it to step 1: Open beer, step 2: have a sip… and then get into your bit as I thought I should start with something familiar 😀

Thank you very much and to all here.

Cheers!
Adam.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 11, 2004
1: Open beer,

D’oh! forgot that one! 🙂 <sigh> always a bug.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections