M
Posted By
MW
Nov 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am making a brochure for a client, and I am making at actual size so that it is ‘copy ready’.

The main issue I have is the font: the maximum sized fonts I use in photoshop is way too small for a 4 inch x 9 inch brochure. I used the little window in photoshop (I am using CS) where the font size can be increased by taking the font from 100% to 200%.

The problem is that in the "proof" for the brochure, the fonts are just slightly pixelated.

Is there a way to increase font size without gaining that pixelization?

Thanks,

-MR

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

K
KatWoman
Nov 10, 2005
"MW" wrote in message
I am making a brochure for a client, and I am making at actual size so that it is ‘copy ready’.

The main issue I have is the font: the maximum sized fonts I use in photoshop is way too small for a 4 inch x 9 inch brochure. I used the little window in photoshop (I am using CS) where the font size can be increased by taking the font from 100% to 200%.

The problem is that in the "proof" for the brochure, the fonts are just slightly pixelated.

Thanks,

-MR
you are scaling instead of choosing a larger font size
see my post in the other NG
W
Waldo
Nov 11, 2005
MW wrote:

Thanks,

-MR

Instead of your way of working now: you can type in any point size in the point size field. Thus 72 IS NOT the largest size Photoshop can handle.

Also, I hardly ever do text (and logos) in Photoshop, I use either Illustrator or InDesign for that job.

Waldo

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections