BH
Posted By
Bill_H_Sullivan
Feb 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
HELP I’m upgrading to CS from 5.0. Problem: once the program finishes installing and I attempt to open the application, it intializes, opens up and immediately shuts down. I cannot use the product.
Solutions attempted; empty temp files
disable (config) all other programs during starup
Safe Mode start
uninstall reinstall
All troubleshooting options provided by Adobe Tech support

HELP PLEASE

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 19, 2004
I’m not sure you even have pref files created yet, but try trashing them. Details in the FAQs.

Bob
BH
Bill_H_Sullivan
Feb 19, 2004
Thanks Bob

I don’t get the oppurtunity. It closes upon opening…???
HP
Helen_Polson
Feb 19, 2004
Bill, you have to be really quick pressing ctrl + alt + shift to get the reset prefs pop up! You can trash the prefs manually- and tehre are details about that in the FAQs. Good luck!
HH
Heikki_Harli
Feb 20, 2004
I have the same problem – all other CS Programs work out of the box, no problems. Photoshop CS will work the first time it’s run, then every subsequent start crash out during start-up with ‘Program Error’. ctrl + alt + shift works sometimes, but mostly not. I have uninstalled, re-installed more than 6 times, spoken to Adobe support 3 times, but in the end they blame other programs on my PC (P4-2G, 1G RAM, Win XP Pro SP1). Even crated another user profile and installed – no difference. Have given up – gone back to PS 7 which runs fine (& faster!). Some of us work to do using these tools, not muck around with the tools themselves.

Any ideas?
BC
Brian_Cushing
Feb 20, 2004
Why bothernabobe, go to to hell!!!!
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 20, 2004
is that in english? 🙂
BH
Bill_H_Sullivan
Feb 21, 2004
Thanks for adding a postive and productive thought Brian…no wonder knowbody listens to ya

Thanks Helen

I’ll give it a try.

Bill
BH
Bill_H_Sullivan
Feb 21, 2004
Helen

Tired & failed

Bill
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 21, 2004
bill have you gone through the faq?

Mathias Vejerslev "How to delete/reset Photoshop preferences" 2/11/03 12:04pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>

it also lists the prefs location so you can just delete the file if you’re not quick enough to get the dialog with crtl-alt-shift. (took me about 5 tries to catch it right).

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections