RC
Posted By
Ryan_Charpentier
Feb 3, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a problem with Photoshop CS4 Trial. The first time that I ever installed it it worked without a hitch, along with several other trials; Dreamweaver, Fireworks etc… Since than I have reformatted my computer due to other problems and now am running a clean install of Vista 64. Now, however, Photoshop crashes every time i try to open it. Ive tried several installs in several different directories.

There are times during a couple of the installs that the installer has had an error, "Photoshop CS4 failed to install do you want to continue?" When that happen I close the installer and delete all files pertaining to any adobe software off of my system including their registries.

Another thing that I forgot to mention was that when Photoshop loads it says "The monitor Profile "Samsung – Natural Color Pro" appears to be defective. Please rerun your monitor calibration software." Than it gives me 2 options, "Ignore Profiles" and "Use Anyway". Ive tried both options. Is this causing my problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. My CPU specs are as fallows:

Processor: Intel Q 6600 (overclocked to 3.0)
Memory: 4gb Corsair Dominator pc3 1800
Hard Drives: WD 150gb Raptor, WD 500gb, 2 Hitachi 1tb Darkstars Motherboard: EVGA 790i Ultra
Graphics: 2 BFG 9800 GX2 (not in SLI)
Displays: 3 Samsung 216bw, Dell 17in generic.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

M
Mylenium
Feb 3, 2009
Did you do a low-level format or just the usual Windows install re-partitioning? Also, did you change the physical layout of the disks (partition sizes, drive letters)? Both things might have an influence due to producing a different disk signature/ footprint. Another thing to look into is whether Windows used a different driver for the drives and/or has enumerated them differently in the device manager. The same would apply to specific BIOS settings and drivers for RAID and SATA…

Mylenium
RC
Ryan_Charpentier
Feb 3, 2009
I’m not quite following what you are saying. I completely formatted the drive on install. the drives are all also in the same positions as far as drive letters and partitioning goes. How would this affect a new clean install? This has been happening since the reinstall of windows. The only time that Photoshop CS4 worked was on the old installation of windows. I’m installing it from a .exe file downloaded from Adobe (trial versions).

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections