Posted By
Rain_Silverhawk
Feb 22, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Greetings,
I just updated to windows xp and now whenever I open Adobe photoshop I get this error message. The procedure entry point WNETEnumCachedPasswords could not be located in the dynamic link library mpr.dll. I have scanned for viruses, went to trojanscan.com and came up clean. I have tried reinstalling the program, I have tried both updating and backtracking the mpr.dll and the mapi32.dll. This is an AMD, 256 Ram, windows xp just updated from win 98 First edition. This computer is the client computer on a home network with one other computer as the host.
Thank you
Rain

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RL
Robert_Levine
Feb 22, 2004
I just updated to windows xp

If you mean you installed XP on top of 98 then all bets are off. XP needs to installed cleanly. If you instaled it on top of 98, then back up all of your data do a clean install followed by the installation of your drivers, fonts and apps.

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 23, 2004
XP needs to installed cleanly.

<nodding>
KH
Kevin_Hulett
Apr 17, 2004
PageMaker 7.0.2 Error on Windows XP

Error:
Pm70.exe – Entry Point Not Found.
The procedure entry point WNetEnumCachedPasswords could not be located in the dynamic link library MPR.dll.

Solution:
Run FixMAPI.exe

The error should pop up awhen running FixMAPI, however it should fix the MAPI related libraries from that point on. The error should not reappear.

Possible Causes:
Old software overwrote MAPI DLL files that affected PageMaker. Be weary of old Software not designed for Windows XP.
P
Phosphor
Apr 17, 2004
"XP needs to installed cleanly."

"<nodding>"

Even this lame-brain Maccer knows this to be smart advice.

If I had a time machine? I’d lend it out to people so they could go back in time and avoid install mistakes like that.
L
LenHewitt
Apr 17, 2004
Did you mean to post this in the PageMaker_Win forum, Kevin?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections