Posted By
Toru
Aug 4, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all.
I am filling a cd with 12×12 labels to print out on an inkjet printer at a later time.
I need to use jpgs, as I will be sending them to a few people that won’t be able to use much else and obviously gifs aren’t the hot ticket for printing. If I scan them at 300dpi, full size, what would be a good size and res, or dpi, to drop them down to so that I can get more on the cd, yet allow someone to increase the size back to original without losing too much quality.
I imagine it’s a trade-off along the line but I would like to keep degradation to a minimum.
By the way, I am saving them all as psd files and will batch convert them to jpgs when I am done.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

B
Broga
Aug 5, 2004
The less you reduce them the better.
Why dont you convert all of them to jpegs at 100% and see what the total size is.
Compare this with the space available for the labels on your cd and reduce accordingly ??

www.micromountain.com
"Toru" <thebuckstop@{delete}nuvox.net> wrote in message
Hi all.
I am filling a cd with 12×12 labels to print out on an inkjet printer at a later time.
I need to use jpgs, as I will be sending them to a few people that won’t
be
able to use much else and obviously gifs aren’t the hot ticket for
printing.
If I scan them at 300dpi, full size, what would be a good size and res, or dpi, to drop them down to so that I can get more on the cd, yet allow someone to increase the size back to original without losing too much quality.
I imagine it’s a trade-off along the line but I would like to keep degradation to a minimum.
By the way, I am saving them all as psd files and will batch convert them
to
jpgs when I am done.

T
Toru
Aug 5, 2004
"broga" wrote in message
Why dont you convert all of them to jpegs at 100% and see what the total size is.
Compare this with the space available for the labels on your cd and reduce accordingly ??
Pretty much how I’ve been doing it, I just go till the cd is full, I just want to cram as much on there as possible!
T
B
Broga
Aug 6, 2004
Are you saving the entire sheet as a jpeg or just one label? Is each label unique or is it a set of identical images?

www.micromountain.com
"Toru" <TheBuckStop@{delete}nuvox.net> wrote in message
"broga" wrote in message
Compare this with the space available for the labels on your cd and
reduce
accordingly ??
Pretty much how I’ve been doing it, I just go till the cd is full, I just want to cram as much on there as possible!
T

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections