CT
Posted By
Chris_Tarampi
Jul 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Many tuts I find that talk about glowing lines say that in order to get the tapered looking lines, all you do is make sure your brush is like the size of 5 or 4 and go back to your pen tool, make waves designs, right click, then make sure it uses brush and *simulate pressure". Well, even when I put simulate pressure, the lines arent tapered, just round all around. Can anybody help me please? Thanks

* SOME TUTS: <http://psdtuts.com/tutorials-effects/advanced-glow-effects/>

<http://pshero.com/archives/electrifying-glow-album-art/>

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CP
christoph_pfaffenbichler
Jul 15, 2008
You might want to set the Size Jitter to zero but the Size Control to Pen Pressure in the Shape Dynamics in the Brushes Palette.
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Jul 15, 2008
Christoph is exactly right. In the brushes palette turn on Shape Dynamics and Pen Pressure selected. Everything in that window can be set to zero. Then to get the smoothest result, click on Brush Tip Shape. Make the Spacing 1% and keep Smoothing checked.
CT
Chris_Tarampi
Jul 15, 2008
oh.
how come all these tuts never mention this
R
Ram
Jul 16, 2008
Ask the authors of the tuts. 😉
WG
Welles_Goodrich
Jul 16, 2008
how come all these tuts never mention this

I’ve written a lot of tutes and it is hard to guess at the level of information to provide. If you described every tool and setting rather than the sequence of actions, the task of providing basic info would become overwhelming. Most are written with an implied presumption that the individual following along has a certain level of familiarity with Photoshop. As you become more and more familiar with Photoshop or any complex program you stop consciously thinking about tasks which you take for granted.

That’s why.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections