Posted By
StuTheDog
Jul 8, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi all, newbie here.

I have several images for a website that need to be reduced in size. Each has an area, shape if you will, that I would like to be the same dimension in all the final reductions. For example Image A is 1400 x 800 pixels, the area I want as the standard size is located at coord’s 400, 130 and measures 459 x 265. When the entire image is reduced this area should measure 130 x 75. I don’t care what the overall image dimensions are after reduction, just the area in question.

The next image measures 1240 x 930, the area I want made standard is at coord’s 822, 50 and measures 418 x 136. After reducing the image I would like this area’s new size to also be 130 x 75 or reasonably close.

Photoshop is so feature rich I suspect there is a technique to do this without trial and error. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, Steve

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

BA
Bob Allison
Jul 9, 2006
In article <LNCrg.4557$>,
"StuTheDog" wrote:

For example Image A is 1400 x 800 pixels, the
area I want as the standard size is located at coord’s 400, 130 and measures 459 x 265. When the entire image is reduced this area should measure 130 x 75. I don’t care what the overall image dimensions are after reduction, just the area in question.

The next image measures 1240 x 930, the area I want made standard is at coord’s 822, 50 and measures 418 x 136. After reducing the image I would like this area’s new size to also be 130 x 75 or reasonably close.

You are talking about cropping your image. The sizes you give will not yeild an image the size you want without a lot of distortion.

418×136 can be either 231×75 or 130×42, but not 130×75 without a lot of distortion.

Crop the image using constrained ratios at your target ppi and you should be good to go.

*Why can’t women leave the lid up?

Bob
in Carmel, CA
HL
Harry Limey
Jul 9, 2006
"StuTheDog" wrote in message
Hi all, newbie here.

I have several images for a website that need to be reduced in size. Each has an area, shape if you will, that I would like to be the same dimension in all the final reductions. For example Image A is 1400 x 800 pixels, the area I want as the standard size is located at coord’s 400, 130 and measures 459 x 265. When the entire image is reduced this area should measure 130 x 75. I don’t care what the overall image dimensions are after reduction, just the area in question.

Photoshop is so feature rich I suspect there is a technique to do this without trial and error. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance, Steve
Create a custom crop tool to 130 x 75 and crop the image within the constraints of the crop tool to get the best part of the image.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections