NA
Posted By
Nicholas_Amin
Apr 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My photoshop 7 does not load fully, it goes through the starting screen, but then just shuts down, but Image ready dosnt have the same problem. why is this?

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

L
LenHewitt
Apr 24, 2004
Nicholas,

What’s showing on the splash screen when the application quits?
VB
Valeri_Barnes
Apr 27, 2004
Help! I am having the same problem. I publish our weekly newpaper and deadline is upon me. When I open Photoshop 7, it starts loading, initializing, then suddenly, just as it appears it will open, it disappears from the screen! I reinstalled it and still had the same problem. Help!
VB
Valeri_Barnes
Apr 28, 2004
HELP! DESPERATE! Does anyone know why Photoshop would start to open, initialize and then suddenly disappear from the screen?
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 28, 2004
try resetting your prefrences valeri:

Mathias Vejerslev "How to delete/reset Photoshop preferences" 2/11/03 1:04pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>
VB
Valeri_Barnes
Apr 28, 2004
Thank you, Mathias. I tried it and it worked! Do I just need to do this each time I open it? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop for a long term fix but it didn’t work. I am going to reinstall Windows XP, though, because this is not the only problem that cropped up this week. The other one is with Netscape.
Thanks again, Valeri
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 28, 2004
Thank you, Mathias

dave, mathias, same thing.

Do I just need to do this each time I open it?

nope. shouldn’t have to.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop for a long term fix but it didn’t work

prefrences aren’t created until the 1st time you run photoshop, they’re not part of the install/uninstall process.
VB
Valeri_Barnes
Apr 28, 2004
Sorry about the name. The "how-to" you included had the name Mathias on it and that’s what I was looking at. Did I lose anything important when I deleted that file?
Thanks again…more than you know.
DN
DS_Nelson
Apr 28, 2004
Did I lose anything important when I deleted that file?

No, not really. You basically lose any preference settings that you changed since PS was installed. When you delete the prefs file, a new one will be created that uses factory defaults for everything. Just go into Preferences and set everything up the way you want it.
VB
Valeri_Barnes
Apr 28, 2004
Thanks so much. I think I’ll just leave it for now—at least until I get past this already late deadline. I appreciate your reply.
K
KrisSmith
Apr 28, 2004
I also have this problem, but cannot reset preferences, as far as I can see, because it doesn’t load far enough to get in and reset them. Is there another way to reset preferences prior to launch in Windows 2000?
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 28, 2004
you don’t need to load the program to reset them kris… read the faq topic that i linked to…
K
KrisSmith
Apr 28, 2004
Never mind – I got to work! Resetting the preferences worked fine.
DM
dave_milbut
Apr 28, 2004
heh! 🙂

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections