HS
Posted By
Hank_Sierakowski
Apr 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I placed a layer on a background and now wish to resize the layer. Whenever I use the magnify tool to enlarge the layer, the entire image (background and layer) get bigger. How do I make layer 1 bigger (or smaller) without effecting the background?
Thanks in advance.
s/Hank S.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

SW
Susan_Walters
Apr 30, 2004
The Magnify tool is the same as Zoom. It makes no changes to the artwork; only to your view of the image. To resize, you need to select what you want changed, and use Edit > Transform, or Free Transform.
TF
Tom F
Apr 30, 2004
Are you reoffering to the zoom tool? The magnifying glass? This is only meant to resize the VIEW.

To resize the layer, select it and press Ctrl-T (for Free Transform), or go to Edit -> Transform -> Scale. Then drag corners (pressing Shift to keep proportions). Alternatively, use the width and height boxes on the transform toolbar. You can change percents to pixels by adding px instead of %.

wrote in message | I placed a layer on a background and now wish to resize the layer. Whenever I use the magnify tool to enlarge the layer, the
entire image (background and layer) get bigger. How do I make layer 1 bigger (or smaller) without effecting the background?
| Thanks in advance.
| s/Hank S.
HS
Hank_Sierakowski
May 2, 2004
That did it Susan. Thanks a lot.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections