LE
Posted By
Leslie_E
Jun 3, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Out of the blue my Photoshop CS application is having difficulties resizing layers. When I go to resize a particular layer, photoshop jumps to another layer usually the previous layer that I was working on and resizes it instead. If I use my arrow keys it won’t do this. I thought maybe I just needed to restart the application, but that didn’t work.

Any recommendations or has anyone had this problem? I wanted to ask before reinstalling the software.

Appreciate any help I can get!
Leslie

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

RM
Rick_McCleary
Jun 3, 2004
How are you resizing?

I would assume you’re using Transform (Comm-T).
If this is the case, you should see a bounding box around all the pixels on the target layer. You can use the bounding box to confirm that you are working on the right layer.

The only thing I can think of that would make PS jump around from layer to layer would be a Move tool option – "Auto Select Layer". Make sure that this is unchecked in the options bar.

Don’t know what else to suggest. Good luck.
LE
Leslie_E
Jun 3, 2004
Rick,

Thanks so much……it was as you said, my "auto select layer" was checked and as soon as I unchecked it, everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks again for your help!
Leslie

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections