TJ
Posted By
thomas.jacobs
Jan 4, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need to fit a image inside an a set opening in another image. The background layer is the final image. I create a layer. I copy the image I want to insert onto the new layer. I would like to resize on the new layer to fit the opening in the background layer. Resize does both layers. I want to resize layers independently. How can this be done?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

PD
postman delivers
Jan 4, 2005
wrote in message
I need to fit a image inside an a set opening in another image. The background layer is the final image. I create a layer. I copy the image I want to insert onto the new layer. I would like to resize on the new layer to fit the opening in the background layer. Resize does both layers. I want to resize layers independently. How can this be done?

Make certain you have selected the correct layer… Highlight it in the Layers palette

Use the free transform tool – use the small boxes on the edge while holding down the shift key (win) to keep the width and height in proportion. Then move the layer where you want it in the stack, lower behind the set opening of the other image. If it the other image with the opening is solid, you will not need to erase the area that may extend beyond the set opening.

This works well in Printshop 6, 7 and Elements 2 – do not have 3 in this machine to check…

JR the postman
J
jw122739
Jan 7, 2005
postman delivers wrote:
wrote in message
I need to fit a image inside an a set opening in another image. The background layer is the final image. I create a layer. I copy the image I want to insert onto the new layer. I would like to resize
on
the new layer to fit the opening in the background layer. Resize
does
both layers. I want to resize layers independently. How can this
be
done?

Make certain you have selected the correct layer… Highlight it in
the
Layers palette

Use the free transform tool – use the small boxes on the edge while
holding
down the shift key (win) to keep the width and height in proportion. Then move the layer where you want it in the stack, lower behind the
set
opening of the other image. If it the other image with the opening
is
solid, you will not need to erase the area that may extend beyond the
set
opening.

This works well in Printshop 6, 7 and Elements 2 – do not have 3 in
this
machine to check…

JR the postman
J
jw122739
Jan 7, 2005
This message is intended for the person trying to seperately resize layers; It might be that you have the two layers linked. If you see a little symbol that looks like two vertical chain links on the left of the thumbnail in your layers palette, it means the layers are linked and will act as one. Click those links to unlink and manipulate the layers seperately. I’m not sure I’m posting this properly–hope the right person sees it. JW
postman delivers wrote:
wrote in message
I need to fit a image inside an a set opening in another image. The background layer is the final image. I create a layer. I copy the image I want to insert onto the new layer. I would like to resize
on
the new layer to fit the opening in the background layer. Resize
does
both layers. I want to resize layers independently. How can this
be
done?

Make certain you have selected the correct layer… Highlight it in
the
Layers palette

Use the free transform tool – use the small boxes on the edge while
holding
down the shift key (win) to keep the width and height in proportion. Then move the layer where you want it in the stack, lower behind the
set
opening of the other image. If it the other image with the opening
is
solid, you will not need to erase the area that may extend beyond the
set
opening.

This works well in Printshop 6, 7 and Elements 2 – do not have 3 in
this
machine to check…

JR the postman
PD
postman delivers
Jan 7, 2005
wrote in message
This message is intended for the person trying to seperately resize layers; It might be that you have the two layers linked. If you see a little symbol that looks like two vertical chain links on the left of the thumbnail in your layers palette, it means the layers are linked and will act as one. Click those links to unlink and manipulate the layers seperately. I’m not sure I’m posting this properly–hope the right person sees it.

JW

postman delivers wrote:
wrote in message
I need to fit a image inside an a set opening in another image. The background layer is the final image. I create a layer. I copy the image I want to insert onto the new layer. I would like to resize on
the new layer to fit the opening in the background layer. Resize does
both layers. I want to resize layers independently. How can this be done?

Make certain you have selected the correct layer… Highlight it in the Layers palette
Use the free transform tool – use the small boxes on the edge while holding
down the shift key (win) to keep the width and height in proportion. Then move the layer where you want it in the stack, lower behind the set
opening of the other image. If it the other image with the opening is
solid, you will not need to erase the area that may extend beyond the set opening.
This works well in Printshop 6, 7 and Elements 2 – do not have 3 in this machine to check…

JR the postman

JW,

Thanks I had forgotten to mention the linking, possibility.

JR the postman

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections