WW
Posted By
Wes Wiggins
Feb 9, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need a little help here, folks, if possible. I have an image where I need to make everything the same shade. It’s all one color. The best way I can describe it is this: imagine you had a blue box. However, within the blue box, there are some random, non-definite shaped areas that are of a lighter shade and other areas of a darker blue shade. I need to somehow make everything within the box the same shade of blue. I’ve tried to use the dodge tool but I end up brightening too much even on very low settings. It would be much, much better if I could set a threshold- pick one of the brighter areas and then brighten up any area that needs it, but not to exceed the brightness of the threshold. That way, I wouln’t overbrighten. Is there any way I can set a threshold for the dodge or other control to perform the aforementioned task?

Thanks,
Wes Wiggins

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

V
V1nc3nt
Feb 9, 2005
Wes Wiggins wrote:
I need a little help here, folks, if possible. I have an image where I need to make everything the same shade. It’s all one color. The best way I can describe it is this: imagine you had a blue box. However, within the blue box, there are some random, non-definite shaped areas that are of a lighter shade and other areas of a darker blue shade. I need to somehow make everything within the box the same shade of blue. I’ve tried to use the dodge tool but I end up brightening too much even on very low settings. It would be much, much better if I could set a threshold- pick one of the brighter areas and then brighten up any area that needs it, but not to exceed the brightness of the threshold. That way, I wouln’t overbrighten. Is there any way I can set a threshold for the dodge or other control to perform the aforementioned task?

Thanks,
Wes Wiggins
Try it with Levels or, if you have PS CS, with
(image>adjustments>)Shadow/Hightlight, to get the same shade, and then maybe try Replace Color.

HTH

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections