MP
Posted By
Mark Pedri
May 6, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using PS 7.01, how do you add comments like "do not reproduce…" or " Please contact xyz to at 123-123-1234 to purchase a copy of this photo" to jpeg & tiff files? Not visible on the photo, but visible to someone at a local photo-lab that might be printing this photo for a customer.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TF
Tom F
May 6, 2004
Assuming you’re it as PSD or any other format that supports layers, you can simply add a text layer and hide it.
You can also go to File -> File Info and add comments there.

"Mark Pedri" wrote in message | Using PS 7.01, how do you add comments like "do not reproduce…" or " Please contact xyz to at 123-123-1234 to purchase a copy of
this photo" to jpeg & tiff files? Not visible on the photo, but visible to someone at a local photo-lab that might be printing this
photo for a customer.
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
May 6, 2004
Mark,

My thought is that any such instructions should be provided in written form, as a note accompanying the images. Apart from that, and hoping the photolab technician does pay attention to text on the image, I’d provide the image on a canvas larger than the desired printable area, effectively creating a border, and add text notes in that border area.

Regards,

Daryl
JB
Jonathan_Balza
May 6, 2004
I think Mark is talking about things like copy(right) protection.

In that case, I think the best option if you are worried about something like that is to use a watermark across the front of the image to discourage printing, etc…

There are a lot of other options, like Digimarc (sp?) disabling right click on the web, slicing images, etc… but all of those only make it just a little harder for a person to get access to the image, not impossible.

I know there have been plenty of discussions about this topic on this forum, so it might be worthwhile to do some searching, Mark.
DP
Daryl_Pritchard
May 6, 2004
Jonathan,

I think you’re right…even though I read the example text that Mark cited, I think I was too brain dead at the moment to realize exactly what it suggested.

Daryl

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections