P
Posted By
paul
Feb 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Isn’t there a way to open another copy of the same image to play with options & compare the two side by side? I used to do this (I think) but cannot find it in the menus.

Using CS

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MJ
Monty Jake Monty
Feb 27, 2005
Image>Duplicate

Steve

— faith \’fath\ n : firm belief in something for which there is no proof. Webster’s Dictionary

Newsgroups: alt.graphics.photoshop
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 23:19:33 -0800
Subject: Open a Copy

Isn’t there a way to open another copy of the same image to play with options & compare the two side by side? I used to do this (I think) but cannot find it in the menus.

Using CS
E
edjh
Feb 27, 2005
Monty Jake Monty wrote:
Image>Duplicate

Steve

— faith \’fath\ n : firm belief in something for which there is no proof. Webster’s Dictionary

Using CS
Window>Document>New Window.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
MJ
Monty Jake Monty
Feb 27, 2005
Opening a new window only gives you the opportunity to view the same document at different magnifications. Any modifications done in either window changes both. I’m not sure this is what he wants to do, since he said he wants to compare one to the other. I suppose he’ll let us know.

Steve

Organization: SoVerNet (sover.net)
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 13:50:16 GMT
Subject: Re: Open a Copy

Monty Jake Monty wrote:
Image>Duplicate

Steve

Using CS

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
P
paul
Feb 27, 2005
Image > duplicate is what I was looking for but the new window of same might also be useful, thanks!

PS in CS it’s under Window > Arrange > New window for…

Monty Jake Monty wrote:
Opening a new window only gives you the opportunity to view the same document at different magnifications. Any modifications done in either window changes both. I’m not sure this is what he wants to do, since he said he wants to compare one to the other. I suppose he’ll let us know.
Image>Duplicate

MJ
Monty Jake Monty
Feb 27, 2005
New Window is very useful. You can leave one at 100% and blow an area up large on the other. Working on the magnified window you can see how you changes look at normal size in the other window. Very useful indeed.

Steve

Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 08:27:33 -0800
Subject: Re: Open a Copy

Image > duplicate is what I was looking for but the new window of same might also be useful, thanks!

PS in CS it’s under Window > Arrange > New window for…
Monty Jake Monty wrote:
Image>Duplicate

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections