JB
Posted By
Jesper_Bergvall
Apr 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I try to open a EPS file from one of our customers, it says "some data cannot be read and will be ignored" (not literally, it´s translated from swedish).
I can still open the file and I can´t see anything wrong with it. Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

R
Ram
Apr 27, 2004
Jesper.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Not with the insufficient information you provide.

Exact version of Photoshop (7.0.1?), exact version of OS X, where and how were the files created? Are you opening or saving files over a network? Etc.
JB
Jesper_Bergvall
Apr 28, 2004
Ramón,

I´m using Photoshop 7.0.1 and Panther 10.3.3.
I don´t know exactly what the customer is using, but I know that it is Photoshop and Mac. She sent me a folder with pictures, a Quark document and a PDF. When I try to open the EPS-files (the pictures) it says "some file information data cannot be read and will be ignored" (and the same happens even if she saves them as TIFF.

When I open the PDF, it says "There was a problem reading this document (12)." I´m sure it has something to do with the picture files.

I received the files on CD and copied them onto my harddrive and opened them from there.
R
Ram
Apr 28, 2004
Jesper,

I had typed the paragraph below before remembering that you have no problem actually opening the files. Therefore, that information most likely has nothing to do with your issue, but it’s worth keeping it in mind.

[Do the files (or any folder or drive in the path) have any non-UNIX characters, like Swedish-specific characters? Make sure the names of everything in the path contain only numbers and characters of the English alphabet.]

Ask your client how he/she is saving the files and what version of Photoshop is being used. It may be nothing to worry about. It’s also possible something went wrong when burning the CD.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections