Posted By
Korchkidu
Apr 15, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have a tif image with transparency. When I load it into Photoshop, the background is black. I want like to change the background color to white .

Any Idea?
Thanks a lot for any help!
K.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

K
KatWoman
Apr 16, 2005
Switch the colors on the palette box first? then open.
I think it shows whatever color you have selected in the toolbar as the background
"Korchkidu" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a tif image with transparency. When I load it into Photoshop, the background is black. I want like to change the background color to white .
Any Idea?
K.
BG
Benoit Gagnon
Apr 17, 2005
On 2005-04-15 05:47:47 -0400, Korchkidu said:

Hi,

Any Idea?
K.

TIFs with transparency will have an alpha channel. You can find it in the Channels palette. Command-Click (Ctrl-Click) it to load it as a selection. Go back to the layers palette. Select the layer. Click the Create layer mask button. It should make a mask using the loaded selection. Make a new layer underneath and color it the way you want.
K
Korchkidu
Apr 21, 2005
Benoit Gagnon wrote:
On 2005-04-15 05:47:47 -0400, Korchkidu said:

TIFs with transparency will have an alpha channel. You can find it in the Channels palette. Command-Click (Ctrl-Click) it to load it as a selection. Go back to the layers palette. Select the layer. Click the Create layer mask button. It should make a mask using the loaded selection. Make a new layer underneath and color it the way you want.

Thanks a lot!

K.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections