RL
Posted By
roger_leale
Jun 7, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I try to open CS, I get no splash screen as usually happens. I get the title bar and a blank screen, no pallettes, no anything, and I have to close it using Task Manager.
I have deleted all the prefs files on the machine, even the old ones which had remained from PS 7 – no difference.
I can find no similar problem in the Adobe knowledge base. It has worked OK for the last three months with no problems.
Windows XP Home, Athlon XP 2500+, 1 GB DDRAM 3200
The next step is to try System Restore in which I have no faith at all!!

Roger

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

B
BobLevine
Jun 7, 2004
Have you tried reinstalling Photoshop?

Bob
RL
roger_leale
Jun 7, 2004
Hi Bob,
Thanks for the reply. It turned out to be one of those Windows things! A soft re-boot didn’t change anything, but a shut-down and power off for a couple of minutes, and Photoshop opened perfectly. It even started up with the ‘Welcome’ screen.
I am wary about a re-installation in the case of a problem after reading the threads about activation and re-activation, but now I shall bear it in mind for the next time.

Roger

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections