JS
Posted By
Joe_Schultz
Jun 20, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m having intermittent trouble moving my image windows within Photoshop CS3. Click-dragging the title bar does not always allow me to move the image window around the workspace. Sometimes I have to resort to clicking the PS icon on the title bar and choosing "Move". This gives me the four-pointed cursor and allows me to move the window around the workspace. Is anyone else having this problem? Have you found a solution? Is it a bug or is it an intentional change in CS3?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

C
chrisjbirchall
Jun 20, 2007
Not had your particular problem – but things have definitely changed in that department. On my dual monitor set-up, if I go to move a document window it will randomly "jump" onto the second monitor, behind the screen full of palettes annoyingly, necessitating a TAB for me to get at it to bring it back. grrrr.

Also ACR always opens on the second screen instead of remembering when it was last time, as in CS2.

Hey ho. The joys of upgrading.
KS
Kathy_Santos
Jun 27, 2007
Hi,

I have exactly the same problem – running CS3 on a PC. AND I can’t move my document windows into my other monitor at all. What’s up with that?

Kathy
S
simpleuserid
Jul 13, 2007
I’m having exactly the same problem.

Is this a bug, a "feature", or is there an option setting somewhere?
KS
Kathy_Santos
Jul 23, 2007
I just checked Adobe support again, and voila – a sort-of answer. You can’t move image windows if your mouse buttons are reversed. If I put my buttons back to the default, I can move windows fine.

Support lists a Microsoft fix for Vista, but I don’t see one for XP:

< http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb 402012&sliceId=2>
JS
Joe_Schultz
Jul 24, 2007
Eureka! Thanks! I do have my mouse set up for a lefty. I’m actually right-handed, but I’m training myself to left-hand mouse to stave off Carpal Tunnel. Too bad there’s no fix for XP. But I’m glad to know the cause.

The work-around as I said before is to click the PS logo in the upper left corner of the window, choose Move from the menu and move the window using the Move cursor.
S
simpleuserid
Jul 26, 2007
There may be a fix for XP… I just updated my mouse driver in XP from this Microsoft page:

< http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download. mspx>

and it seems to have fixed the problem.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections