SW
Posted By
Steven Wandy
Jul 30, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
We have a lovely Shih Tzu puppy. When I need to use a flash to take his picture – he rarely sits still – occassionally I will only have time to use the small on-camera flash. Often this results in "yellow eye" (or the pet equivalent of human’s Red Eye). I have an action for PS that will remove Red Eye (or can use the Red Eye tool in PSCS2) however it does not work on "Yellow Eye" or even "Green Eye" (in cats). Any suggestions?
Thanks, Steve

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TB
Tony Blair
Jul 30, 2006
"Steven Wandy" wrote in message
We have a lovely Shih Tzu puppy. When I need to use a flash to take his picture – he rarely sits still – occassionally I will only have time to use the small on-camera flash. Often this results in "yellow eye" (or the pet equivalent of human’s Red Eye). I have an action for PS that will remove Red Eye (or can use the Red Eye tool in PSCS2) however it does not work on "Yellow Eye" or even "Green Eye" (in cats). Any suggestions?
Thanks, Steve

REMOVING RED EYE WITH THE COLOR REPLACE TOOL
Set the foreground colour to black(D), select the colour replacement tool – under the healing brush in the toolbox. click on the red area in the eyes, and then paint it away – the brush snaps to the red colour – out of interest move your cursor over the tool’s icon in the Toolbox, the eye in the icon changes to red!!.
RED EYE REMOVAL:2
Use marquee tool (or your fav selection tool) to highlight the pupil. Open your channels palette, and select the green channel. Ctrl + C (PC) to copy green. Select the red channel and Ctrl + V to paste green channel to red. Select the RGB channel and deselect marquee.
RED EYE REMOVAL:3
1.Make a Channel mixer adjustment layer and set the Red channel to Red 0%, Green 50%, Blue 50%. Don’t get scared you’ll get a completely off color image.
2.Now select the mask of the adjustment layer and fill it with black by pressing Alt-Backspace. As the last step select the paint brush and paint on the mask with white to reveal the effect of the adjustment layer. Select the paint brush the size of the red spot in the eye.
RED EYE REMOVAL:4
After zooming right in use the magic wand tool to select (use the shift key to add to the selection) all the red areas – Set the foreground to black – use the paint bucket tool – paint mode to darken – opacity about 60% – pour into the eyes – this darkens whilst retaining detail (it doesn’t matter if it goes into the central reflective white spot) – then use a small soft paintbrush set to white – mode lighten – about 65% opacity and dab in the highlights.
K
Kingdom
Jul 31, 2006
Steven Wandy wrote in
news::

Thanks, Steve

There are many waysd to do this here is one

http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photoshop/ht/apsredeye.htm

for more search google with:

photoshop tutorial red eye

add your version no to be specific

———————————————————— ———— Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.
———————————————————— ————
SW
Steven Wandy
Jul 31, 2006
Thanks for trying but normal "red eye" solutions will not work (atleast the ones I have tried) on animals because the iris does not turn red – it usually turns yellow in dogs and either yellow or green in cats. (Has to do with the workings of the inside of their eyes as opposed to human eyes.)
Steve
MR
Mike Russell
Jul 31, 2006
Thanks for trying but normal "red eye" solutions will not work (atleast the ones I have tried) on animals because the iris does not turn red – it usually turns yellow in dogs and either yellow or green in cats. (Has to do with the workings of the inside of their eyes as opposed to human eyes.)

Here’s a tutorial by Janee on fixing pet "demon eye". It is a manual process involving repainting the eye, but the tutorial is amusing and has some fine points that are helpful.

http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/peteyes/peteyes.htm

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com/forum/
R
Ron
Jul 31, 2006
In article ,
Steven Wandy wrote:

Steve

How about:

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/redeyeremoval/ss/peteye.htm
K
Kingdom
Aug 1, 2006
Steven Wandy wrote in
news::

Steve

Did you read the article???? colour was irelevent

———————————————————— ———— Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.
———————————————————— ————
W
wamccabe
Aug 2, 2006
The old method used to be select the red channel , use the magic wand to select the bright areas in the eye, then darken the selection. I suppose this might work if the colour is green (use the green channel rather than red) or yellow (the yellow channel only appear if you’re using CMYK rather than RGB (Image, Mode, from the menu bar).
Thanks, Steve

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections