Posted By
John_K_Murphy
Jul 27, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am having some kind of problem.

Someone in my family must have messed with one of the settigns, i imagine it is a quick fix, but i can not find out how anywhere.

My problem is this … i simply try to open a new file RGB color mode … and then all i want to do is create a simple gradient, from left to right. I want it to be red that is fading on white. However when i try all that i get is White. No matter what color i pick.. Always white.

If i fill the page with a color … say red … and then try gradient … it will give me a gradient.

But it is reverse … Even then the gradient isnt working properly. Not to mention i am just making a white gradient on a red backround when i am trying for the opposite. It also seems to give the gradient opposite of what i want.

Something in my gradient settings are very messed up.

Anyone have any ideas.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

L
LenHewitt
Jul 27, 2004
Check the mode you have selected in the Option Bar.
JK
John_K_Murphy
Jul 27, 2004
my new best friend,

thank you for your help. i greatly appreciate it and that was most assuredly the problem.

I am new to photoshop, thanks again for your assistance, i knew it was something very simple, just could not figure it out.

very appreciated.
L
LenHewitt
Jul 27, 2004
You’re very welcome, John

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections