JR
Posted By
John_Robb
Jul 31, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am a registered Photoshop user who started out with the LE addition and upgraded to 5.0, 6.0 and 7.0. I’ve now purchased the upgrade to CS and would like to put it on a new pc. Do I have to install all or any of the previous versions?
Thanks in advance,
John

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

DP
Daryl_Pritchard
Jul 31, 2004
Hi John,

No, all you’ll need do is to insert the PS7 CD during the PS CS installation process so that it can verify by inspection of the original media that you are qualified to upgrade. In that regard it works just as the PS6 to PS7 upgrade worked for you.

Regards,

Daryl
JR
John_Robb
Jul 31, 2004
Thanks Daryl!
JF
Jerry_Farnsworth
Jul 31, 2004
Coincidentally, *any* PS upgrade is a "clean" upgrade – new version installs seperately, in a different folder.
CW
Colin_Walls
Jul 31, 2004
started out with the LE addition and upgraded to 5.0

How did you do this? Has there very been an upgrade path from LE? When you intstall a PS upgrade [say CS] it needs to "see" an earlier, "full" version. Do you actually have one?
DM
dave_milbut
Jul 31, 2004
Has there very been an upgrade path from LE?

I think there was at one point. Not the same price as the upgrade from full but less that the price of the full version. Not sure if you get an "upgrade" or "full version" of PS for that price. Elements offered (offers?) something similar, but you need to go through adobe.
JR
John_Robb
Jul 31, 2004
Yes, there was an upgrade available from LE to a full version of Photoshop. I don’t know if they offer a similar deal with the Elements version.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections