HF
Posted By
Harvey_Fails
Sep 26, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Currently I use an Asus A7V333 motherboard with an AMD Athlon XP1700 CPU, 1GB memory, and a Matrox Millennium G400 video card to process digital photos with Photoshop 6.

I’m considering upgrading to an Asus P5N-SLI motherboard with an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 CPU and 2GB memory. Can anyone recommend a video card that would work well with such a combination? Most reviews I read deal more with gaming, for which this system will not be used. Thanks for any input you can offer.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Y
YrbkMgr
Sep 26, 2006
As I understand it, with photoshop, when you’re considering high-er end vid cards, in general, it doesn’t matter. There’s a perception that because Photoshop is a powerful "graphics" program, it is video intensive. It’s not. Any brand name card that would be entry level for gaming would likely be more than you’d need.

Myself, I have a Radeon x600 Series with 128MB Ram.

You’ll want to focus more on Ram and HD space/speed. 2 gig ram makes a big difference, fwiw.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Sep 26, 2006
You won’t need the "SLI" feature of the MB if you aren’t gaming. This is a feature that allows two nVidia graphics cards to work together to give you higher framerates when killing aliens or Nazis. I just built a machine for my kid with this same board. Nothing wrong with it from a PS perspective.
HF
Harvey_Fails
Sep 26, 2006
Thanks to both of you. I appreciate your insight and this forum.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections