Posted By
bearsfoot
Mar 21, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi All,

Firstly, my apologies if this is an ignorant question.

I want be able to apply a colour cast to an image.

The effect being similar to placing a sheet of cellophane over a black & white image.

Can someone please direct me to a tutorial, or name this technique for me please.

thanks,
Adam

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

FS
Fat Sam
Mar 21, 2007
Quite a simple one.
Open the image in Photoshop.
Select the "Image" menu, then "Adjustments", then "Photo Filters" Now just select the colour you require and it’s density. Job done.

wrote:
Hi All,

The effect being similar to placing a sheet of cellophane over a black & white image.

Can someone please direct me to a tutorial, or name this technique for me please.

thanks,
Adam
T
Tacit
Mar 21, 2007
In article ,
wrote:

Edit->Fill. Set the MODE to COLOR. One command, you’re done. 🙂

If you want to be able to change it later, fill a layer with color, and then set the layer’s MODE to COLOR.

Photography, kink, polyamory, shareware, and more: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html
I
Infinitech
Mar 21, 2007
wrote:
Hi All,

thanks,
Adam

In addition of what’s been said for those stuff, I like the "gradient map" (applies a gradient in replacement of the original tones) not exactely what you’re looking for but…you may try it.
layers>new adjustment layer>gradient map
or
at the bottom of the layers palette the same icon as "levels", "curves" (create a new adjustement layer)
to add a gradient map with a mask.
HTH

Infinitech
FS
Fat Sam
Mar 21, 2007
Infinitech wrote:
wrote:
Hi All,

thanks,
Adam

In addition of what’s been said for those stuff, I like the "gradient map" (applies a gradient in replacement of the original tones) not exactely what you’re looking for but…you may try it.
layers>new adjustment layer>gradient map
or
at the bottom of the layers palette the same icon as "levels", "curves" (create a new adjustement layer)
to add a gradient map with a mask.
HTH

See, this is what I like about photoshop.
It’s versatility.
There’s so many different ways to do every job.
If you gave 10 people the same photo and told them to restore it, they’d pobably all go about it in a different way, which acchieving pretty much the same end result.
A
Aad
Mar 21, 2007
schreef in bericht
Hi All,

thanks,
Adam
Whatever method you use, first be shure youre file is in rgb mode, not in grayscale.
Image – Mode – RGB Color
K
KatWoman
Mar 21, 2007
"tacit" wrote in message
In article ,
wrote:

Edit->Fill. Set the MODE to COLOR. One command, you’re done. 🙂
If you want to be able to change it later, fill a layer with color, and then set the layer’s MODE to COLOR.
I would use tacit’s method
but you can also choose adjustment layer (half moon) and select hue/Saturation slider
tick colorize to change all the values to the color chosen or or just move the top HUE and adjust saturation to your liking (will keep more blacks and change the highlights)

you can also try using this layer on different blend modes for varying effects

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections