Posted By
bdplikaytis
Dec 30, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hello,
I was wondering if I could ask what must be a simple question. I must have accidentally set some kind of toggle switch or something but all of a sudden I have two small gray rectangular boxes appear in the uppermost left-hand corner of each image I pull into Photoshop (version 7). The two boxes appear side by side. The left box has the number 01 in white against a gray background. The right box has a jagged line in white against a gray background. Could someone tell me what these signify, and more importantly, how to get rid of them?

thanks

Brian
———————————————————— — respond to

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

E
edjh
Dec 30, 2003
Brian P. wrote:
Hello,
I was wondering if I could ask what must be a simple question. I must have accidentally set some kind of toggle switch or something but all of a sudden I have two small gray rectangular boxes appear in the uppermost left-hand corner of each image I pull into Photoshop (version 7). The two boxes appear side by side. The left box has the number 01 in white against a gray background. The right box has a jagged line in white against a gray background. Could someone tell me what these signify, and more importantly, how to get rid of them?

thanks
Turn off Slices under View.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
B
bhilton665
Dec 30, 2003

I was wondering if I could ask what must be a simple question. I must have accidentally set some kind of toggle switch or something but all of a sudden I have two small gray rectangular boxes appear in the uppermost left-hand corner of each image I pull into Photoshop (version 7). The two boxes appear side by side. The left box has the number 01 in white against a gray background. The right box has a jagged line in white against a gray background. Could someone tell me what these signify

You turned on Slices, 2nd column 3rd icon down on the Tools palette. You can read up on it by entering Slices in the Help search field.

and more importantly, how to get rid of them?

View > Show > Slices and uncheck it.

Don’t worry, this probably happened to all of us once or twice 🙂

Bill
N
nomail
Dec 30, 2003
Brian P. wrote:

Go to "View – Show – Slices" and turn that off.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
B
bdplikaytis
Dec 31, 2003
Bill and Johan,

Many thanks for your generous responses.

Brian

"Bill Hilton" wrote in message

I was wondering if I could ask what must be a simple question. I must have accidentally set some kind of toggle switch or something but all of
a
sudden I have two small gray rectangular boxes appear in the uppermost left-hand corner of each image I pull into Photoshop (version 7). The two boxes appear side by side. The left box has the number 01 in white
against a
gray background. The right box has a jagged line in white against a gray background. Could someone tell me what these signify

You turned on Slices, 2nd column 3rd icon down on the Tools palette. You
can
read up on it by entering Slices in the Help search field.
and more importantly, how to get rid of them?

View > Show > Slices and uncheck it.

Don’t worry, this probably happened to all of us once or twice 🙂
Bill
SP
Steve Peake
Dec 31, 2003
You’re looking at slices. If you want to hide slices, deselect

View>Show>Slices

or simply hit Control H until it disappears.

If you don’t use slices at all in your work and you want the option gone, then

with no document open, select

View>Show>Show Extra Options…

then deselect the "Slices" checkbox.

"Brian P." wrote in message
Hello,
I was wondering if I could ask what must be a simple question. I must have accidentally set some kind of toggle switch or something but all of a sudden I have two small gray rectangular boxes appear in the uppermost left-hand corner of each image I pull into Photoshop (version 7). The two boxes appear side by side. The left box has the number 01 in white against
a
gray background. The right box has a jagged line in white against a gray background. Could someone tell me what these signify, and more
importantly,
how to get rid of them?

thanks

Brian

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections