Posted By
wcrouse
Jul 21, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi
This is driving me crazy. When I print to my HP Deskjet 970 from PS7, the resulting prints have been unsaturated and pale compared to the original. I found that the print preview image was also unsaturated. This was using Adobe RGB under Color Management. When I switched to ‘Color Management Off’, the preview image and the resulting print are much deeper and closer to the original. In fact, no matter what settings or profile I attempt in Color Management other than ‘Off’ it produces a washed out preview and print. Is the preview even reliable? Why does it match the resulting print? Why can’t I use any form of color management? What am I doing wrong?
Settings:
Monitor: I’ve used both Adobe Gamma and NEC’s own profile for my FP1350. No difference.
Printer: I’ve tried Printer Manage and Same as Source with no diff. Proofing: Off
Image: The image I’m using is a standard test image from the Digital Darkroom website.
Any ideas most welcome!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

RF
Robert Feinman
Jul 22, 2003
You might find my photoshop tip on a workflow to
produce inkjet prints useful. It assumes you have
color profiles for your printer and has calibrated
your monitor.
Take a look under the tips heading on my home page.

wcrouse wrote:

Hi
This is driving me crazy. When I print to my HP Deskjet 970 from PS7, the resulting prints have been unsaturated and pale compared to the

Robert D Feinman

Landscapes, Cityscapes, Panoramas and Photoshop Tips
http://robertdfeinman.com

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections