D
Posted By
derek_
Jul 23, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
hey… i have a quick question. i would like to place text or an image under a tiff file… something clear, umm, maybe a piece of glass. when i import a file from photoshop into quark i cannot do anything with the transparency of the imported file. i say all of that to ask: HOW WOULD I PLACE AND MAKE VISIBLE TEXT UNDER THE IMPORTED GLASS IMAGE? (i have seen it done, so i know it’s possible…)… help. thanks in advance for your solutions.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

D
derek_
Jul 24, 2003
hi richard, i do intend on working on the image in photoshop, but i will export the finished image to quark. as to what i wish to do, without giving the idea away… say i want to place my face through a pane of glass — without actually having a photo of me through a window pane.
RL
Richard Lynch
Jul 25, 2003
Well, if you are trying to make an image as a composite like you describe, you’ll be better off with the manipulations in Photoshop. HOWEVER, if this is something that you want to look professional, you may need more than just an image of your face and a window…a lot often goes into preparation of special effects images, and the type you describe here seems like a planned composite rather than something I’d try to build from scratch. for example, taking a picture of a pane of glass smashed with a brick from behind (fast shutter) and then a picture of you in the same lighting and window frame — perhaps even without moving the camera… These would tend to work more easily together than two distinct images from different settings — or anything you make from scratch.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections