BH
Posted By
beth hansen
Jul 24, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’ve been using Photo Deluxe 4.0 for a couple years and it has always been a bit buggy. For example, if I do a lot of manipulation of a photo, it finally gets "tired" and then things lock up…requiring some "end tasking" and a reboot. I’m using Win 2K with at least 4GB of free disk. So I don’t really believe the relatively frequent "scratch memory full" message. I’m debating moving to PhotoShop Elements…but hoping I’m not going to run into the same annoyances. What say you, league of experts? Is it a safe "upgrade"? thanks, Beth

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

AV
Aart van Wijk
Jul 24, 2003
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:19:37 -0700, "beth hansen" wrote:

I’ve been using Photo Deluxe 4.0 for a couple years and it has always been a bit buggy. For example, if I do a lot of manipulation of a photo, it finally gets "tired" and then things lock up…requiring some "end tasking" and a reboot. I’m using Win 2K with at least 4GB of free disk. So I don’t really believe the relatively frequent "scratch memory full" message. I’m debating moving to PhotoShop Elements…but hoping I’m not going to run into the same annoyances. What say you, league of experts? Is it a safe "upgrade"? thanks, Beth

Nothing wrong with Elements.

Please yourself and start using it NOW 🙂

Aart

PS I really love this program
CW
Carl Wegner
Jul 26, 2003
Beth,

I don’t know PD, but have used PSE1 & now PSE2 for couple of years with WIN98 on non-networked PC, often with large 20Mpixel images (have 512M ram, 40G disk). It probably has happened once or twice but I really can’t remember a lockup or blue screen of death. PSE seems robust, now that you mention topic I’d say it is admirably so. You need a reasonably fast PC, I recommended it to a friend with an old PC & he complained about long delays.

Carl
BH
beth hansen
Aug 1, 2003
Thanks all for your time…that’s was what I was looking for. I think I had already talked myself into PS Elements, but it’s nice to hear some satisfaction!
Beth

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections