Peter_Schrock
Feb 19, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi everyone,

I need help:

Using PS 7.0.1 on Mac OS 10.2.3, after it’s been installed and working fine for months, I am suddenly having problems using any of the Blending Options.

Whenever I try to add a Blending Option of any sort, the application freezes and only comes back to life when I cancel the action using Command-Control-Escape.

While it’s hanging, I can use other applications. Also, strangely, when it goes into the freeze, regardless of what tool I’ve been using, PS switches to the Hand tool.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? Or more to the point, has anyone ever solved this problem before?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m stuck on this job until I get it solved.

Peter

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Feb 20, 2004
Have you tried trashing your Preferences?
AS
andrew_spiering
Feb 20, 2004
if you don’t know where your prefrences are…. that would be users-library-prefrences- and just kill the photoshop 7 folder and re-launch ps

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections