Progress bar false readings PS8 or OSX issue?

Z
Posted By
zoozx
Feb 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Printing with a Epson wide format printer from PS8 with images 400 mb and up. My question is this, when you print from " PS print with preview" & hit print, you go into the epson driver window to select media type, quality, inking, bla bla bla.
When your done, you hit print again. Very cumbersom, printing in OSX & PS but that’s for another day.
Here is the issue,… A small progress bar window opens next and the progress bar is pegged all the way to the right, meaning finished. I sit in this window for 10 – 30 minutes While image is being ripped in PS I guess. Why is the progress bar not showing progress?
After this window finally closes, I go into the epson print window for the printer that has another progress bar. This one actually works. How come this one works and the other one doesn’t? Apple issue with X or Adobe issue with PS8, Epson issue?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

AS
andrew_spiering
Feb 20, 2004
That is actually a Apple issue or epson issue. If you called adobe tech support they would tell you to contact apple or epson.
Z
zoozx
Feb 20, 2004
Funny,
If you call Apple, they blame Adobe or Epson. If you call Epson, they blame Apple or Adobe.
GP
Graham_Phillips
Feb 20, 2004
Blame it on Microsoft.
J
JasonSmith
Feb 20, 2004
I blame myself.
B
Buko
Feb 20, 2004
I blame my cat.
JV
John_Vitollo
Feb 20, 2004
What computer? Ram? Harddrive Space?
Z
zoozx
Feb 20, 2004
Great,
Now you have me wondering if my Greenwing Macaw is the problem……. He says not but he lies at times.
B
Buko
Feb 20, 2004
My cats always look guilty, so I know its their fault.
Z
zoozx
Feb 20, 2004
Happens on Both G4 1.25 gigs ram 100gigs free disk space & G5 2.5 gigs ram Over 100 gigs of free disk space.
G5 in OSX.2.3
G4 in OSX .3

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections