MH
Posted By
Max_Hancock
Feb 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a Dual 2.0 G5 with Panther running PS CS.

When using the tool palette with a wacom tablet or mouse, the tool icons, the ones with muti-tools in one set, display all the optional tools in the set (as it’s supposed to if you hold a tool for more than half a second, or shift select a tool). on a G5, there is NO delay, every time I click on an tool icon it automatically shows the full set of tool options. I guess its just too fast. In all fairness, if I give the tool a very quick tap it sets the tool without showing the options and every thing is fine, but I have to be very VERY quick. This doesn’t make PS CS unusable, but it brings production down a notch because before I can actually use the selected tool I have to click out. Its as annoying as… well, its like trying to use a camera that needs refocusing before each picture.

On PS 7 I had the same problem until I ran the PS G5 update.

Anyone out there having this problem, or annoyance?

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

GP
Graham_Phillips
Feb 20, 2004
What happens if you use a mouse? Does the flyout menu appear too often as well?
MH
Max_Hancock
Feb 21, 2004
Yes. Its much too quick with that too. I have to ‘hit’ the mouse button for it not to do it. like a quick light tap. I can’t use photoshop that way! 🙂

I’m pretty good with key commands so I can almost use photoshop without the tool palette.

Anyone else out there with a G5 and this problem?
MH
Max_Hancock
Feb 22, 2004
Annyone?
GP
Graham_Phillips
Feb 22, 2004
This problem has occurred before, a long time ago; try searching the archives.
SW
Scott_Weichert
Feb 22, 2004
Change your double click/tap speed and slow it down. That’s all there is to it.
MH
Max_Hancock
Feb 27, 2004
Oh Yes, Thanks Scott. You are completely right. There’s only one problem with that. I had my double click speed all the way up because under Panther there seems to be a bug with the finder under list mode. If You have your double-click settings to ‘slow’ the when you go to click on a folder name for renaming a file, it opens it instead of activating the ‘rename dialog’. In fact, its almost impossible to rename a file or folder with a ‘slow’ setting. So, have you found away around that problem as well?
D
DYP
Feb 27, 2004
I have never seen any change in this behavior no matter what the click/tap speed was set at.

What has always amazed me is that Adobe can get it right in Indesign but not in Photoshop. What’s the difference!
MH
Max_Hancock
Mar 6, 2004
Yeah, I know what you mean. Why is Photoshop the only Application with this problem? Oh Well.
AS
Ann_Shelbourne
Mar 6, 2004
Max:

In Icon View in Panther, a SINGLE click on the folder’s NAME (rather than on the folder itself) immediately selects the text to allow you to edit it.
In Channel View, it takes a second (as opposed to a double) click on the name to do this.

Or it does on my G5.

I don’t see Photoshop’s tool flyouts — unless I press and HOLD the stylus on the palette but, in reality, I always use the keyboard shortcuts (plus Shift as required) anyway.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections