Posted By
Nancy S
Aug 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Dorothy,

Please go right ahead, I read that tip in a book and for many images it works just great! 🙂

Nancy

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 3, 2003
Nancy, Sorry to ask and be annoying but I missed that thread….what’s the snapping tip ?

I have been out all day and still not home so can’t take up too much time on this system but will check back later when I’m home. Thanks
NS
Nancy S
Aug 3, 2003
Jodi,

I had mentioned that using Unsharp Mask with a low setting amount (somewhere around (10-30) and a very high radius (way to the right) often improves the look of my images with this global contrast enhancement.

Nancy
JF
Jodi Frye
Aug 3, 2003
OOOOOOOhhhhhhhh, OK, yes, I did read that thread. Thought it was something else. Thanks for all 😉
DS
Dick Smith
Aug 7, 2003
I have a Dell, but it’s a couple of years old. Not sure what they are doing now.

If it’s an XP machine, I would expect that the internal XP software would take over. I put XP on this machine and it will use, without or direction, the built in software to burn a CD.

It simply opens a folder where you drop the files to be written and then you click on write to CD to finish the job. At least on CD/Rs it does not do a "format" that I now of.

I’ve not tried it with a CD/RW.

Dick
PD
Pete D
Aug 7, 2003
If it’s an XP machine, I would expect that the internal XP software would take over. I put XP on this machine and it will use, without or direction, the built in software to burn a CD.

It simply opens a folder where you drop the files to be written and then you click on write to CD to finish the job. At least on CD/Rs it does not do a "format" that I now of.

Thanks for post Dick.

But that is odd about XP opening a folder to write files to. I use WinXP but with a blank CD in the CD-RW drive XP will not allow me to copy or "drop" a file in to the CD-RW drive(access denied message). I can’t even explore a blank CD-R (access denied message there too) because there is no information on the CD until it has been formatted and a directory created.

I have no problem burning CD-R’s or RW’s either data or music but must use "Record Now" software or "Easy CD Creater". Maybe there is something about XP I don’t know?

Pete
DS
Dick Smith
Aug 8, 2003
Pete,

I’ve never had that problem. I have the XP native software, Roxio CD Creator 5 and BurnQuick on my machine.

Any time I put a blank cd/r in the drawer, I get a pop-up window that asks me if I want to "open a writable folder" in XP or use Roxio to create the CD.

Burn Quick is imbedded in the right click menus. Just right clicking on a file will allow me to burn it directly to a CD/R with no trouble.

I wish I could be of more help.

Dick
PD
Pete D
Aug 8, 2003
Dick,

Yeah, I am starting to come to the realization that HP has altered the XP as far as the CD writing. Going to have to go look at someone elses XP machine but I think I know what I will find. No wonder I could not understand what that guy found on that Dell machine.

Pete

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections