JA
Posted By
James_Adado
Feb 24, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I can see there have been other posts having to do with files being corrupted in PS8. I am having a problem with files being damaged on my G4 laptop only. ln my studio I run PS8 on a G4 tower, an iMac and a G4 laptop. The laptop is the only machine giving me problems. Almost on a daily basis I try to open an image (jpg, tiff or PSD it doen’t matter) and I get the message "This document may be damaged (the file maybe truncated or incomplete). Continue?" I have throw away prefs more times then I can count and today I threw out PS8 and reinstalled it from new. And I am still having the problem. Before I call Apple and have them look at the computer is there any thing I am missing???

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

GP
Graham_Phillips
Feb 24, 2004
I would say that your disk is corrupted. Try running Disk Utility.
JA
James_Adado
Feb 24, 2004
I have done that and also run TechTool on a weekly basis with all the machines. I gotta think it’s in the machine but just not sure. Thanks for the tip!
GP
Graham_Phillips
Feb 24, 2004
Is the problem repeatable? Is it always the same file that causes a problem? Does the machine freeze at all?
JA
James_Adado
Feb 24, 2004
The problem will repeat with different images at different times. The 2 images I am trying to open today are the only 2 in that folder that will not open. I have not tried moving them to a different folder to open them yet (I am on hold with Apple computer at this present time). The machine has never frose up as of yet.
B
Buko
Feb 24, 2004
Could also be RAM but sounds more like disk problems. maybe the conections are bad?
JA
James_Adado
Feb 24, 2004
I just talked to the Apple tech and i am doing an Archive & Install of the OS X. he seems to feel it’s a software problem. we will see where that takes us…
Thanks!!!
CC
Chris_Cox
Feb 25, 2004
Odds are better that the cause is hardware or the OS….

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections