PW
Posted By
philip_watson
Jun 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I just tried a test save with a file. Now I closed it and tried to open it again. Photoshop is telling me "unknown data has been enountered reading layer "layer 1" and weill be discarded.", "this file uses an unsupported blending mode. Substitue normal mode?", "some layer sets were found corrupted and repaired", and last but definitely not least, "Could not complete your request because this file is not compatible with this version of Photoshop". Im a my wits end. I dont know what to do. I dont think it could be RAM since I just bought 2 gb from Crucial, whom almost everybody in these various forums swear by, but I dont know. Im not saving to any network, just my local 2nd drive in the G5. I never use to have these problems, but now they’re crippling me on mission critical jobs, and im only losing at the end of the day in terms of time and money with nothing to show for it. Please somebody give me some advice I can really use to finally get rid of this problem. Im running 10.3.4 on dual 1.8. Thanks

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
Ram
Jun 5, 2004
Can you run your machine even if you take out the new RAM? It could be bad, even if new and regardless of provenance, so I would test the RAM sticks individually.

I’d also double-check the drive and all connections. And see what the maximum allowed percentage of memory assigned to Photoshop is.

Also, read this thread and the links contained therein:

Ramón G Castañeda "Repair Permissions BEFORE AND AFTER installing software (for the FAQs?)" 6/2/04 8:12pm </cgi-bin/webx?50>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections