LW
Posted By
Lauren_Wool
Feb 12, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
For our publication we save photos exclusively as EPS files for print, but just recently, these files have become marred with large black areas that replace the original pixel information. These areas vary from 1-5 cm thick, always run horizontally across the photo, and render the photo completely useless. This happens when I save an EPS from an original JPEG: if I resave the file from another EPS, it doesn’t happen. Sometimes the Photoshop-generated preview will show the corruption, other times it won’t show up at all until the file is placed in inDesign, where we do our layouts.

I’m using an Intel-based iMac (Tiger), with CS2 (lots of other problems there but I won’t get into them now). Anyone have a clue as to how I can get this to stop? It’s such a time-waster to have to repeatedly edit photos over again…

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

B
Buko
Feb 12, 2007
You would be better of saving photos as Tiff or PSD if you are stuck in the Quark ages use Tiff.
GB
g_ballard
Feb 12, 2007
you obviously have bad hardware, ram is the easiest place to start…

<http://www.gballard.net/macrant/ram.html>

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections