Shortcut for ‘Fixed Aspect Ratio’ of marque still OS X problem?

RL
Posted By
Ronald_Lanham
Feb 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I did a search for this problem to see whether it’s ever been resolved, but I didn’t find that anyone had found a solution. Last time I posted about this was 2/09/2003 and at that time it was thought to be a 10.2.1 issue rather than Photoshop.

Has anyone else been able to get this to work in 10.2.3?

Of course I can use the toolbar to make the fixed ratio work, but it would be nice to have the shortcut available again.

I’ve of course trashed the prefs several times since my last post on this.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DK
Doug_Katz
Feb 25, 2004
Sorry, Ronald, what exactly is the problem?
RL
Ronald_Lanham
Feb 25, 2004
Doug,

Shift + drag with the Marquee tool doesn’t produce a fixed aspect ratio of 1:1.

It appears that this began around 10.2.1 and was thought (maybe still?) as being an OS X problem, rather than a Photoshop problem.

It would be helpful to have the shortcut back again. (The toolbar can be do this of course but…)

Have you heard any more on this loss of the shortcut?
DK
Doug_Katz
Feb 25, 2004
I don’t have this problem, Ronald. I’m on 10.2.8 on a G4 500 Dual using PSCS.
RL
Ronald_Lanham
Feb 25, 2004
You got me to check my 10.2.8 partition and it’s working fine there.

Then I realized my mistake… =8o

I’d been replacing trashed preferences with archived ‘good’ PS preferences which had had this problem for some time… though everything else regarding the preferences were fine.

Thanks for posting Doug and making me actually think. <g>
DK
Doug_Katz
Feb 25, 2004
Do you have any idea how small my reciprocation is for all the really useful things you’ve taught me about OSX?!
RL
Ronald_Lanham
Feb 25, 2004
Thanks Doug. Glad to hear the info has helped.

OS X is definitely worth the learning curve.

I’d been telling a friend that he needed to upgrade to Panther because of his considerable use of a laptop (traveling) and that Exposé would make his work easier. A couple of days ago I saw him and mentioned Exposé again… He broke into a big smile… It turns out he’s finally upgraded. <g>
GP
Graham_Phillips
Feb 25, 2004
Exposé would make his work easier

Not to mention that with Panther, Apple FINALLY has an OS that can prompt you for the password when you wake it from sleep. Now you don’t have to activate the screen saver before closing the lid.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections