LR
Posted By
Laurie_R_Weaver
Jan 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Has anyone else had this happen? I was using Photoshop Elements last night. I have an imax and have just updated my OS to OSX.3 (Panther). I also just installed the software for a new scanner (EPSON Perfection 3170). Everything was going along fine. Then something happened to Quick Fix. I clicked on Enhance then Quick Fix and everything in the menu turned gray and I couldn’t click on anything. I had to do control/apple/escape to get back to a page where I could click on commands. Now I can’t use Quick Fix. Does anyone know how to "ungray" the menu bar? I tried re-installing Elements but that didn’t help. I’m not technologically savy so I don’t know what else to try. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Laurie

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RC
Richard_Coencas
Jan 5, 2004
Laurie,

I have 2 suggestions that you might try. First delete PSE’s prefs. The quickest way to do that is, directly after launch, but before the splash screen comes up, hold down Command-Option-Shift. You should get a dialog asking if you want to delete the settings file, click YES.

If that doesn’t fix it, you may also want to try repairing permissions. After an OS X upgrade, this is often necessary.

Rich
LR
Laurie_R_Weaver
Jan 7, 2004
Thanks for the info. I’ll try them.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections